CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Do people have other hobbies?

Old 03-21-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
MegF.
Wink Do people have other hobbies?

What are some of your other hobbies....besides snakes I mean (I know, there's something else?).

I have horses, like to fly airplanes, read, play the Bluegrass Fiddle and Mandolin, and if I get the chance, sail.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
CornDude
ye, i play this amongst other things

Old 03-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #3
Clint Boyer
Other hobbies huh........

Well, when I get time, enjoy shooting sports and firearms. Hunting, fishing, camping and hiking. My son is very active in Boy Scouts so I assist with troop activities when possible.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
Amanda E
Besides snakes...the main 2 things:

I'm a genealogy geek. I love to rummage through old records looking for more info about my (and my husband's) family.

I also love photography, though I haven't had time to take many photos lately.

Meg... I can't play the mandolin, though I'm trying to learn. My dad makes mandolins for a living and I finally convinced him to make me one. I was actually named after a mandolin: Amanda Lynne

Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
Simon
hum........
I love basketball, photo taking (of snakes...only) , RC racing, and love my sleeps...

Old 03-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
Clint Boyer
When I saw that you had posted, Simon, I just had to see what other hobbies you had. I just couldn't believe that you had time for anything else with all that work and so many snakes too!

I'll bet the one thing you enjoy but get the least of is SLEEP!

Old 03-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
Tim Madsen
I play guitar and sing in a Oldtime Gospel group, Snow Ski, field collect snakes (mostly with a camera these days) and fish. I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle since I can't seem to do enough bodily harm skiing.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:42 PM   #8
Siva
Snakes are definately #1 but after that i would have to say I like to draw/paint, go fishing, take pictures(mainly with my SLR camera-i suck at digital photography...) and I also enjoy breeding mice for both food, temperment, and color.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #9
Jimmy Johnson
other hobbies

Well, I also keep some aqautic turtles a tortoise and some bearded dragons but I guess you could link them in with the snakes as a general herp hobby.
But something I have done all of my life and will do as long as I am able is FISHING.
I love fishing. Trout fishing, bream fishing, crappie fishing, catfish fishing, deep sea fishing and my favorite bass fishing.
I don't know if you would call it a hobby but I also love reading.
Three places I never have enough money....
Reptile shows
tackle stores
and book stores
Jimmy

Old 03-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #10
Nagah11979
Other than keeping snakes I love...

Drawing- fantasy/comic book style, reading, writing stories, photography, learning guitar, and watching cheesy horror flicks with my boyfriend

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google