CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

mites?!?!?!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
khaleah
mites?!?!?!

So last night I went and picked up T2 n a few as in 4 lil black dots were found on my hand when I first got her our of her tank. They reminded me of tiny afids. Like tini tiny moving black dots. I went over her with a fine tooth comb n found none sticking to her. I completely cleaned n washed her tank n "toys" n hides. Threw away her paper rolls n tossed the adorn bedding n put down paper towels. Is there any thing else I can do to make sure that she doesn't get infested if it was mites?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Nanci
How old is she? Make really sure she doesn't have any around the underside of her jaw.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
khaleah
I got her in March n I think she was 2 months or so. She's only maybe 12 inches long. N yeah I checked under her head which she wasn't to happy about n all over her body. Went over her for almost an hour to make sure there weren't any others on her.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
jessicashallperish
give her a good soak in some warm water. any that are hiding on her will drown, add some betadine in the water to help treat any mite bites. worked for my burmese, id assume itd work for a corn

Old 06-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
khaleah
Ok cool. I'll pick some up on my way home. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Nanci
There is a product called Provent A Mite or something. People report success with it. I would be VERY hesitant to treat a hatchling with any product, but I would treat his viv and the surrounding area three times, two weeks apart.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
beautifullywild77
Prevent a mite works wonders. We have also used veggie oil and mite off. I would put vasiline at the top of his tub so that the mites can pass through and escape to infect other reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google