CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My new corn got at expo (feeding question)

Old 06-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Yamahajones
My new corn got at expo (feeding question)

Just got back from expo got a hypo het lavender sunkiss baby. The guy said had three meals aldeady last one waz about five days ago. When should i feed her? Pics soon

Old 06-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
ceduke
I give any new additions 5-7 days to settle in with no handling before I offer them food.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Yamahajones
So snake will be ok for 10 days not Eating?

Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Nanci
I'd do the same; wait 5-7 days before feeding. 5 if it's absolutely killing you. And NO handling!! At all!! The snake needs to relax and feel safe and calm before the first feeding.

Mine go 10 days all the time if they are blue on their feeding day.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
Yamahajones
i got her from a guy owns a shop out of largo Florida. i also had another question i have Elvira in a 10 gal reg tank. but i also bought a 20 gal repti tank because was a good deal and figured why not going to need it some time. would it be ok for the baby corn to be in 20 gal repti tank or is that to big?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Nanci
It's okay as long as you have lots of vines and hides and she feels secure. I have a 25g baby in a 20L now and if he isn't in his hide he is HARD to find in the aspen!! But he likes it.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Yamahajones
I only have one hide atm for the new tank. So i should wait till i get more hides? Even if she burrows in the aspen

Old 06-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Yamahajones
Well i could make zowme temp hides out of some boxes would that be ok?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
Yamahajones
suppose to say make some not (zowme lol on cell phone) :P

Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Nanci
I'd stick with the smaller viv, then. And you can take toilet paper rolls and squish them flat for hides. Babies love that. Probably the most important thing is lots of leafy vines. Look at a craft store if the ones at pet stores are too expensive.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google