• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Hello sweetie" :)

OK, that's as far as I go with River Song quotes.

Hi, I'm new (bet no one guessed that) :)

New as in I don't even have a snake yet but I'm working on it and just waiting for the final permission from the landlord which I'm hoping for in the next few days (everyone is receptive to it, they just asked for more info).

My choice of snake species is the corn snake (bit obvious i guess considering the name of this forum).

I'm a male (at least the last time I checked), living in Northamptonshire in the UK.

Guess I'll leave that here for now.

Hi I’m in Shropshire
I’ve got 2 corns about to get 2 more
I’m a 62 year old lady
Got my first when was 9 weeks old
His 2 years old next week
You’ve come to the right site
Have you got any question you want to know ?
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I’m in Shropshire
I’ve got 2 corns about to get 2 more
I’m a 62 year old lady
Got my first when was 9 weeks old
His 2 years old next week
You’ve come to the right site
Have you got any question you want to know ?
Pat

Ta for the welcome. No questions at the moment but who knows when that'll change. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can and sort out in my head what is what. :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love a corn snake. While you are awaiting permission from the landlord you can do a little research regarding care of corn snakes. I always recommend Nanci's Snickersnake blog. Just scroll down to member's blogs and click on Snickersnake, and look for the post on care of corn snakes.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love a corn snake. While you are awaiting permission from the landlord you can do a little research regarding care of corn snakes. I always recommend Nanci's Snickersnake blog. Just scroll down to member's blogs and click on Snickersnake, and look for the post on care of corn snakes.

I'll take a look - thanks. I have also been spending the last month (and a bit) reading (and watching in the case of YouTube) almost everything I can. Most of which is summarised in my own blog (how far off the mark I am has yet to be proved).

Welcome! It's a great decision and a wonderful hobby, for sure. Do you have an idea of what you're interested in getting?

Lots of fun - enjoy!

-Tonya

Welcome! It's a great decision and a wonderful hobby, for sure. Do you have an idea of what you're interested in getting?

Lots of fun - enjoy!

-Tonya

A corn snake... :)

Beyond that, no idea. My eyes have been caught by some of the panel based morphs - in particular snow and peppermint.But I'll wait and see what is on the market when that time comes. If I can I'll be looking to rehome from a rescue centre first. But decisions about that kind of thing can wait.

Hi there is a rescue place for snake at Dudley West Midlands
Pat

Hi there is a rescue place for snake at Dudley West Midlands
Pat

Thanks for that Pat. I'll try and find a website for them nearer the time though i was hoping to find something nearer to home (there's the added complication of not having a car and whilst friends have volunteered to give me a lift to buy vivarium /wood for a vivarium, they've all said they wouldn't want to carry anything alive (i think they mean alive and no legs)).

There is a general animal rescue that i understand has a number of corn snakes near Wellingborough but that's going to be 3 bus there to visit. (and over 2hrs each way). But got to get to that point first. :)

Hi I’m getting my new viv from amazon 3” 15x15 £62.99
If that helps
Pat

Hi I’m getting my new viv from amazon 3” 15x15 £62.99
If that helps
Pat

Mmmm. Do you have a link to that one please? I have drawn up plans for a 4*2*2ft viv - the wood is coming in at about £50, plus £10 for the runners. I've yet to get a quote for the glass though. But my local DIY store doesn't cut to size. Nightmare.

Hi I’m sorry I don’t know how to do links
Go on to amazon and put in 3foot viv there lots of choices
Viv have air vents in them
And of course glass doors
It all comes as a flat pack
Free delivery
Can I just say if you are getting a very young snake
You will need a box with air holes in
To put inside the viv
Cos young corns could get out though slit in the glass doors
I kept George my fist snake in his box for 3 months till I was sure he was safe and couldn’t get out
I hope I’ve help you
Pat

New as in I don't even have a snake yet but I'm working on it and just waiting for the final permission from the landlord which I'm hoping for in the next few days (everyone is receptive to it, they just asked for more info).

Well - the permission was granted.

Plans are being made.

Numbers are being crunched.

Now to just move to the next step and find/buy/make the vivarium.

Back