CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

"C" Anerythristic

Old 05-19-2005, 02:04 AM   #11
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Well that definately looks a lot like what has cropped up here...
I was thinking the same thing Carol!

Old 05-19-2005, 02:17 AM   #12
Rich Z
Two pics each of two other specimens

These are younger specimens and as you can see, have a LOT more color to them then the first photo. I can't recall if that first one looked like these when she was this age or not, but as babies, they all looked the same.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:55 AM   #13
Joejr14
Now Rich, are you sure that's not a Miami---I mean, anerys don't have red!

In all seriousness, those are some amazing looking snakes. Think of all the new combos to pair up there.

I wonder what the new 'C' would look like paired up with motley, or bloodred...

Old 05-19-2005, 03:14 AM   #14
Rich Z
Well first I will feel better after the eggs have hatched this season and I have more concrete evidence about what these really are. Plus I really didn't want to invest too many other breeders with this line since the ones I used this year were first time breeders. I've gotten my butt burned before by relying too heavily on first season breeder males!

But if this does turn out to be a new gene, I think I will have a healthy start on some interesting things. Since that line already has Hypomelanism in it from my original breeding to that female, I'm hoping I will get at least one or two lucky hits with this years batch hatching out.

Hmm. I don't think I posted the actual history of this line yet. I'll go fetch it from the FaunaClassifieds Corn Snake forum, as I posted it over there earlier.....

Quote:
The original animal these came from was a wild caught Upper Keys corn that I got from a guy back in 1996. This was an older guy visiting up in Birmingham, Alabama, where we were doing our one and only show we did up there. He was interested in trading it for a leopard gecko, so for some odd reason I agreed to it. I needed another corn snake like I needed another hole in my head. But for some reason I decided to do it. Maybe my "spider sense" was working, because obviously this animal was carrying something genetically rather interesting. Of course, there is no way to find out exactly where this animal came from.

I bred Hypo into this female in an attempt to get Hypomelanistic Upper Keys. Well when I bred the resulting offspring together, I got a few of these anerythristic looking critters to hatch out. I just thought they were likely to be either Charcoals or type 'A' Anerythristics, but something about them just looked a bit different. So last year I bred those het animals to both charcoal mates and 'A' Anerythristic mates. NONE of the babies came out as either Charcoals or Anerythristics. Hmmm.. So this year I finally had 2.1 adults, so I bred those males to some Charcoal Ghosts and some Silver Queen Ghosts. I figure when the eggs hatch, then I should have a much better idea of what I am working with.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #15
carol
Thanks so much for sharing Rich! Ever since I found out that the Anerys that have been cropping up here could be linked back to the "new" type you have, I've been dying to see what they looked like.
This year I hatched a "snow" from the same lines... it looks to be a very cool animal...maybe when it grows up it will look like a Candy Cane. LOL.
The strange thing I have noticed here is, certain pairings create these Anerys with higher saddle count than all the other siblings, and certain pairings create these Anerys with the same saddle count. I'm not sure if there is something to it or if it is just cooincidence.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #16
Simon
Wow...
that anery with the upper key bloods in it makes the corn a completely different look~
Awesome~

So that is what an anery cornxupper keys looks like~
Interesting animal!

Old 05-19-2005, 07:09 PM   #17
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Wow...
that anery with the upper key bloods in it makes the corn a completely different look~
Awesome~

So that is what an anery cornxupper keys looks like~
Interesting animal!
I'm not sure you understand what this actually is. This is apparently a new anerythristic looking gene that came out of a wild caught Upper Keys corn. There is no Blood Red at all in this particular line. I still have that original female and I get these 'C' Anerythristics by breeding her sons back to her. So the gene definitely originated from that female.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
carol
LOL, we'll if others are making requests, if you make extras put me on the list too! I'd love to do a test breeding with mine just to be sure!

Old 05-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #19
Rich Z
Hah! Maybe I will use "Ball Python rule of thumb" pricing on these things.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 PM   #20
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Hah! Maybe I will use "Ball Python rule of thumb" pricing on these things.

Yeah, but if you do that you have to come up with some insane name and then generate a lot of publicity and then you have to convince us why this multi-thousand dollar animal is so great when every other single gene morph is cheap. Now if you could raise the single gene morphs.....

In either case...I still want one or two.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google