• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter on a bed of Opals

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
butter71.jpg

I've been breeding animals het for both Opal and Butter for a couple of years now and getting some nice results. Of course, I can't tell which ones may be triple homozygous animals (Amelanism, Caramel, and Lavender). So that means I have to keep a bunch of them to raise them up just to see what they turn out looking like.

Those opals are just great and I absolutely LOVE butters!! Well done, very nice animals.

Rich, Those are some absolutely stunning snakes. I'm sold every new snake i get next year will come from you!!! Nice Pic. I love piles of babies!!

Those are Opals that the butter is all over? I didnt realize they were so "Salmon" in color when they first hatched. Great Photo.

Kevin - bear in mind the parentage. They may very well be homozygous for Caramel as well. That's what I was shooting for. But of course, I am only speculating. I have LOTS of Opals this year and they are quite variable all by themselves.

I have some of these possible triple homozygous Opal/Butters from last year that I should drag out and take photos of one of these days.

Rich - I was also thinking that perhaps those "Opals" might have been exhibiting some Caramel but I haven't seen enough regular Opals as hatchlings to make that assessment. Dragging out some of those possbile triple homo opal/butters from last year for some photo's might be a fine idea. I know I'd like to see them!

Where's the little smiley face guy pulling his hair out?

I love that peachy-salmon color!

Butter Opals? Dang!

Man, all these photos of the opals are starting to get on me....
I think that I might order a couple from you soon.....and what I mean by that is....very soon....

the Opal on the left

Rich, the Opal on left appears to be an Aztec (from the segment of it that is in view), is it? Do you have Aztec Opals available, females specifically?

Here's my (Jeff Yohe produced) male....
aztec_opal-2.jpg

Heck, I don't even know if I have any of those. I'm seeing so many baby snakes lately that it takes something truly unusual to snap me out of my labor induced stupor I am in every day.

If I notice one, I'll let you know.

That particular clutch in the original photo is not for sale. Some of those Opals are likely homozygous for Caramel as well and I need to grow them all up to see how they turn out.

Take care.

That particular clutch in the original photo is not for sale. Some of those Opals are likely homozygous for Caramel as well and I need to grow them all up to see how they turn out.

It'll be interesting to see how they develop. I can't wait to see the pics one day.

rich, iwas wondering if you would mind my using your pic as a background for my screen. thanxx, drizzt:cool:

Define 'screen' so there is no misunderstaning about what I am agreeing to.

Thanks.

sorry i should have been more direct. by screen i mean my home computer screen for use as a background.thanx. drizzt

Sure, that is OK. I don't know how in the world I could stop you from doing that anyway. :)

that is true you probably couldn't stop me, but i prefer permission because it is your picture after all. thanx alot.
drizzt

hey Rich I want to use your pic of an amber to remind me every day what I will be getting...OK?? just on my home comp only for me to see...............I cant wait to get them..weeeeehooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich, I know I told you on the phone but you've got the most amazing babies. I can just look at your photo gallery over and over. If you ever can squeeze any time out I'd love to see more. Keep up the good work.

Back