CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

"Greenheaded Phase"

Old 11-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #11
Kat
Say Rich... rather than shipping off the unique ones you don't have time/space to work with yourself, why not put them up for sale as individuals? I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be happy to get their hands on your one-of-a-kind critters around here...

It seems a waste to have odd specimins just get shipped off for wholesaling, IMO.

-Kat

Old 11-15-2003, 07:10 PM   #12
Rich Z
Quote:
Rich, did they go to Asia as pets or food?
You're joking, right?

Baby corn snakes for food? That's a new one......

Kat - I get LOTS of new things hatching out every year. This one was not very high on the totem pole of things of interest to me. I felt pretty certain that it was just discoloration from the vermiculite somehow. Sometimes the paper towel on top of it does get pretty mouldy, so I figured this is what caused that greenish color. I just did not feel that it was anything that would turn out to be of interest.

So yeah, I probably COULD have thought to just post a message here that this animal was for sale, and maybe I could have suckered someone into paying big bucks for it..... But that's just not my style ....

Old 11-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #13
mike panic
that reminds me of a funny story

a good friend and I were attending the Hamburg PA show a few years ago. It's a pretty popular show up in the North East and its the only show in town with venomous. My buddy was looking for an Arizona Blacktail Rattlesnake to ad to his group. They are fairly variable and some have a sort of green hue. Well, low and behold, on a table in the back was the prettiest Arizona Blacktail I have ever laid me eyes on. This thing was as green as they get. We asked the guy to take her into the viewing room(for safety reasons, they have a secure viewing room) He went over this big wild caught, locality story with us as we went over this snake with a fine tooth comb. As much as possible as far as rattlesnakes go anyway. The snake was beautiful. He took it home with him and two days later the damn thing shed a BEAUTIFUL LIME GREEN SKIN!!!!! When I saw it I burst out laughing as did he. He kept it for the laugh! It was truly funny. The bottom line was, the still beautiful blacktail wasnt green but a nice average girl who did very well for him down the line. Thanks. Mike Panichi

Old 11-15-2003, 08:54 PM   #14
Kat
Quote:
So yeah, I probably COULD have thought to just post a message here that this animal was for sale, and maybe I could have suckered someone into paying big bucks for it..... But that's just not my style ....
I wasn't suggesting you try and sucker people into paying extravagant prices... nothing wrong with putting a critter like that up for sale at the standard price for the genes you -know- it carries. I suppose at that point it's more trouble than it's worth, though, huh?

-Kat

Old 11-16-2003, 12:40 AM   #15
Rich Z
Mike,

There was a thread on the BOI not too long ago about a guy that was using Gatorade to stain ball pythons a deep red coloration.

The things people will do......

Old 11-16-2003, 01:51 PM   #16
carol
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z
You're joking, right?

LOL... Butter Broccoli and Candy Cane Chowmein for dessert.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #17
Simon
Quote:
Originally posted by carol
LOL... Butter Broccoli and Candy Cane Chowmein for dessert.
dessert?
I thought that Chowmein is suppose to be the maindish~
but I was thinking of the samething...hatchling corns as Chowmein recipies...(kind of like those sliced beef that they put in Chowmein)

LOL

Old 11-16-2003, 05:18 PM   #18
Indyshark
Quote:
You're joking, right?

Rich, I am not joking! I read in Reptiles magazine where they love to eat rat snakes over there. They even drink the blood and eat the liver because it is supposed to be healthy. I was afraid it would be easier to buy them than catch wild rat snakes.

I am very happy to hear they won't be on the menu.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 AM   #19
Simon
Quote:
Originally posted by Indyshark
They even drink the blood and eat the liver because it is supposed to be healthy.
LOL....I have actually done that before when I was small....it was suppose to be a cure of asthma....hahahah well......didn't really work for me...got my asthma back when I was 15....hahaha oh well......the fun of tradition and culture~

Old 11-17-2003, 01:38 AM   #20
Marcel Poots
Quote:
I believe that shipment eventually went to Hong Kong or Tokyo.

And you won't ship to Canada? LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google