CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #81
rich333
Another Update: Checked on her tonight.....She hadn't shed yet...and then not more than 10minutes ago...i find this:

Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #82
Nanci
(Still have a long wait!!!)

Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #83
rich333
LOL...i know...but the level of excitement hasnt dwindled. You guys getting tired of me yet?? i promise i wont post again till we get eggs. 10-14 days in most cases..correct? see ya then......

Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #84
Tom Tuttle
Congrats! Eggs should come soon!!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #85
Nanci
I'm not tired of hearing about it! I was _crazy_ last year!! Oh- Annabelle shed today!! Zora still hasn't laid. She's in and out of her lay box. Today she gave me the "can I help you?" look.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #86
rich333
Nanci,

I'm Glad your not tired of hearing about it. I was just thinking..if i were on the other end of it..how tiring it must be for all the seasoned veterans...to hear first timers go thru all the stuff you guys went thru,in some cases 20 + yrs ago. Then again, I don't think i could ever get tired of this feeling...or hearing of someone else's success's!

As for the "Crazy" part...ummm yeah..just a little....I have a great job (machinist) And i work 10-12hrs a day 6 days a week. So, when i get home, All i think or do is snakes...AND I LOVE IT!!! the girlfriend...not so much... I sorta borrowed your idea for the egg container (mine was Spinach leafs). Hope you don't mind. Gosh, I feel like i'm on a constant sugar buzz when i go in the snake room...LOL. Does your snakes do that for you...what i mean is...as a rule daily life is stressful...Work,relationships..bills etc. But when i walk in that room..and see my babies...everything else just seems to go away.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #87
rich333
She Seems Rather restless...in and out of the laybox....right now she's in her regular hide...over the heat.....85 degrees. Ambient is 73-74 . There are all Kinds of "Tracks" in the Aspen....So now i'm worried...I don't want her to NOT choose the lay box....would putting a new one in..maybe smaller..Squarish...say like a 6qt shoe box??? Or have both of them in there.???

Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #88
rich333
A Picture would explain it better...but I choose not to snap a pick in fear of stressing her....but...looking through the tub...she is coiled..with her head slung over one of her coils..looking right at me...with this expression...almost as if she's saying.."Ok...why? why did you let me do this?" we are on day 5 post pre-lay shed. ugh!! the days pass so slowly....jeesh!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #89
rich333
Day 9: ugh!! (waiting..not so patiently)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #90
Naagas
I hope she lays for you soon!

I, too, am waiting on a female to lay. Every day I wake up hoping for eggs.... and none still!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding