CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Yellow jackets...

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #41
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
Just because it is made from plants does not necessarily make it safe. If it is going to kill yellow jackets it will also kill other non-target insects. Therefore, it would stand to reason that if it is taking out species that are in the ecosystem it is in essence harming the ecosystem.
I understand, but if he finds the exact nest and takes nesesary safety precautions, he can get right up inside there, blow that stuff all over the nest and hornets themselves, and kill just the hornets.
*shrug*

Ive never personally had to deal with wasp or hornet infestation, I just think theyre nasty.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #42
kgmax1228
solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
read the whole thread-i offered the best fix!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #43
kgmax1228
This Thread

Worse than any hornet's nest

Old 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #44
Susan
"kgmax1228" - More annoying than any hornet's nest.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #45
kgmax1228
Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyeko View Post
Before you go spraying stuff, you should probably find out WHERE the nest is first.
If its way up in your attic (and theyre burrowing through your walls or something), then spraying the entrance isnt going to do much since they could probably find another way out.

I would probably consult with the local conservation office, animal control, or pest control (if you can find one thats nice enough to give you ideas instead of saying "we can do it for this price but you cant do it yourself"), first, get some ideas on how to take care of it "eco friendly" and cheaply.

Then if you cant get the nest out by yourself they usually get bigger during the fall and then taper off because of the cold climate changes.
Then just wall up the place and the larva will most likely die.

Although, me personally, I hate them very very much and would probably call Vex Con (from the A&E extermination show.. tattoos and gothic clothing lol). XD
there is GOOD-CHEAP-FAST- you only get to pick 2

Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #46
kgmax1228
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
"kgmax1228" - More annoying than any hornet's nest.
you don't know me-so don't judge me

Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #47
susang
Please why are you being so rude.
I for one would like to read different options for yellow jackets, not just your answer and rude remarks.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #48
El Jefe
Quote:
obviously you don't understand sarcasm go sell some snakes
it sure is easy to push people here over the edge!
Tread lightly my friend. This was a thread created by Rich and I would advise you to do a little homework on who he is before you make comments on burning his house to the ground. I would also advise you to be careful how you respond to other members (and moderators) or you might find yourself crossing too many lines. If your comments become overly trollish and not helpful I assure you that your time here will be limited.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #49
Nanci
Quote:
there is GOOD-CHEAP-FAST- you only get to pick 2
There's a saying like that for bike parts: "Strong, cheap, light- pick two."

Okay, back on topic!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
kgmax1228
Talking hornets

you could go to army surplus and get a flame thrower

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google