CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Storm clouds over the Gulf of Mexico

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
Rich Z
Storm clouds over the Gulf of Mexico

Here are some more time lapse videos taken from Manasota Key Beach of storm clouds developing over the Gulf of Mexico.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Christen
That is so cool. It looks like bubbling volcanos of clouds.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Rich Z
But wait! There's more!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
But wait! There's more!

From :35 to 1:15 of this one looks like smoke from a detonation of some sort.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
TalonaCat
This is cool stuff. I'm always awed by the power of nature, even if a little frightened by it.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonaCat View Post
This is cool stuff. I'm always awed by the power of nature, even if a little frightened by it.
Yeah man.... If I saw clouds acting like that in REAL TIME, I'd be getting the heck out of Dodge real darn quick!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
DMong
That's some awesome stuff man!........those towering cumulo nimbus "anvil tops" are incredible!!

~Doug

Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Rich Z
The trip was actually disappointing in one respect. Normally in September there are a LOT of thunderstorms with associated lightning all over the Gulf of Mexico. But that just didn't seem to be the case for the two week stretch we were there. You know the original reason I first got interested in photography MANY years ago was because I saw a water spout (tornado over water) out in the Gulf of Mexico and wished at that time I had some way to capture that memory. Since that time, I have only seen ONE (1) water spout, and it didn't even contact the water.

Oh well.... One of these days...

Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
The trip was actually disappointing in one respect. Normally in September there are a LOT of thunderstorms with associated lightning all over the Gulf of Mexico. But that just didn't seem to be the case for the two week stretch we were there. You know the original reason I first got interested in photography MANY years ago was because I saw a water spout (tornado over water) out in the Gulf of Mexico and wished at that time I had some way to capture that memory. Since that time, I have only seen ONE (1) water spout, and it didn't even contact the water.

Oh well.... One of these days...

Yeah, waterspouts are truly a site to behold. I have only ever seen two in my entire life of being on the east coast of Florida, most of it spent in Ft. Lauderdale.

You will capture a waterspout one day I bet. And even if not, you will no doubt capture some incredible electric storms in the process.

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google