CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

World record Corn Snake Clutches?

Old 05-03-2004, 03:05 PM   #21
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally posted by Marcel Poots
[b]This is a 2002 female. First timer obviously.. She laid 19 good eggs.
I think I have figured this qoute thing out. That is a very good sized clutch for a two year old first time female. You obviously took very good care of her. I think this clutch would be a contender for the record for two year old females.

Marcel, You will appriciate the next photos I post. I think I have figured out your main interest in corns and one of the parents is your favorite.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #22
Marcel Poots
Quote:
Originally posted by ecreipeoj

Marcel, You will appriciate the next photos I post. I think I have figured out your main interest in corns and one of the parents is your favorite.
Hhhhhmmmm, okay.. you got my attention... I am very curious now..

Old 05-03-2004, 03:36 PM   #23
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally posted by corn on the cob
today my 3 year old ghost corn layed her 30 th egg on her first time breed and all look good.
By the way, this is an exceptional sized clutch for a three year old corn, especially for her first clutch. I have had a few that have laid 24 - 25 when they were three, but it wasn't their first clutches.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #24
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Hhhhhmmmm, okay.. you got my attention... I am very curious now..
Well this old man is the father, but with a different female. I was concerned that the old man may not have it in him any more, but most of the clutch that is being laid at this very moment are fertile. There a a couple of plugs, but there are a good number of good eggs and a new mix of genes now exist!

Old 05-03-2004, 04:36 PM   #25
Marcel Poots
Very nice.. Both of them actually.. But I have a weakness for old dark Bloodreds... That is a Bloodred right? Or else a very nice striped.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #26
ecreipeoj
Lucky 13!!

Quote:
Very nice.. Both of them actually.. But I have a weakness for old dark Bloodreds... That is a Bloodred right? Or else a very nice striped.
Marcel,
Yes he is a Blood. He is very old and doesn’t have many years left. Many of the old style Bloods had stripes over the Blood pattern. He also has the old classic “dried” blood red color of the Bloods. He will throw everything that I wanted from a Blood into my Blood projects.

This Lava Okeetee laid 13 eggs and 5 plugs a little while ago. I will take it considering the father was this old style Blood. Hopefully, most of them will hatch and I will have a good group to work with toward a Lava Blood. The Lava Okeetee is from a wild line and is only homo for Lava. I am not sure about the Blood since I just acquired him this spring, but he is most likely just Homo Blood. I have bred him to an amel het snow so if he is het for one of them it will show up.

I got another clutch of eggs today from one of my Blood projects. The fertility was worse, but since they are project snakes, I only needed enough to work with. A female Snow poss het lava, bred to an Amel Blood male produced 8 fertile eggs and 11 plugs.

Since I just acquired the two blood males this spring I feel lucky to get anything at all. The other females which are bred to these two Bloods look fuller and I expect better fertility with them. Perhaps the male Bloods just needed to get their blood flowing or I just missed the best days for breeding.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:06 PM   #27
ecreipeoj
Proud momma

I don't know if any of you noticed but this Lava Okeetee's opaque black areas have darkened up considerably. Her base color is the same, but her black is about twice as dark as it use to be. She is the only Lava that this has happened to. I have also found a few adults Lava Corns with Paradox black markings. Perhaps just one portion of a belly scale or a couple of scales in the black area, but completely black instead of the opaque purplish color.

I hatched out 8 Paradox Lava's in 2003. It will be interesting to see how the paradox develops in the future.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #28
ecreipeoj
Close up, Lucky 13!!

I hope 13 will be my lucky number with these guys. Lava Bloods sound good.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:46 PM   #29
Tim Madsen
I've had them lay as many as 37. I believe Kathy Love had one lay over 50, or knew of one that laid that many. Anyway the record is in the 50s.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:12 AM   #30
limey
best i have had is 38 all fertile from a large (4/5 to 5ft) snow female (although evey one who saw them said they were infertile i still incubated them) sadly she died form egg binding when she tried to lay a second clutch. I miss that snake she was very calm but managed to bite every one of my friends, i have fond memories.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google