CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First ever breeding attempt!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
CornBoy
Congratulations on being reunited with your snaky!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #62
obboi34
you are having an amazing adventure. thanks for keeping us all posted.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #63
SteelJawEmily
Thanks everyone! I'm so happy shes back. I was miserable for a while there. Her being my first snake and all, I'm very much attached to her. Here are the pics I promised. The first is of how big of a meal she found herself, and the other two are of her bite wound. I cleaned it and put some Betadine on it, and it seems to be doing fine. I'm guessing after two or three sheds it will be non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamindemon17 View Post
Im glad you found don. Hope all is better with onyx . How many days tell the eggs hatch.
Onyx isn't doing very well unfortunately. She doesn't seem to be getting better and wont eat. She's due to go back next week for another shot and I might see if they'll tube feed her. She's extremely emaciated, and I feel terrible for her. She's drinking a lot of water though so that's good.
As for the eggs it should be anywhere from the first week in August to the third week. They are on day 18 of about 60 right now.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #64
SteelJawEmily
Mama snake update: Onyx is doing very well. Her second appointment/checkup was today. Inflammation has gone down significantly in her mouth, she is breathing easier and much more active. Now she just has to start eating again, and she will quickly be on the road to recovery!

Donatello update: She is doing well. Passed whatever she ate (I'm guessing a small mole) just fine, and shed. No scars or anything from the bite, and seems to be a happy camper.

Egg update: On day 37...the healthy ones look great but there seems to be three that have gone bad, but you never know! Keep your fingers crossed!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #65
diamondlil
Sounds like good news all round!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #66
SteelJawEmily
Indeed! The waiting game is the worst part. >< But luckily my boyfriend has just recently picked up 8 little Carpet Python worms that he's going to sell soon as they are big enough. I can play with those in the mean time. XD

Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #67
SteelJawEmily
Well, the eggs are on day 40 today and all but three are looking ok. I will try to post up pics later.

In other good news, Onyx is doing much much better. She is almost done with her medications (thank goodness, because we both hate them) and she pounded down some fuzzies yesterday. She is still severely underweight...weighing a lean 250 as opposed to her nearly 500 before she laid eggs.

I've decided that after she is healed up, I'm not going to breed her again. I don't want to put her through the stress of it anymore, even if her illness has been cured, I don't know exactly how old she is so I don't want to chance her getting ill again. So I might be putting her up for a sale soon. We will see.

What I'll probably end up doing is breeding Donatello and Michelangelo next spring, and see what comes of that pairing, then move on to my Carpets. I like Corn snakes, but I like Carpets much more. I am excited to see what comes of the D/M pairing though. Probably nothing fancy, but you never know!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #68
screamindemon17
I live in washington i might be interested in her . As a pet. How much do u think u are going to ask for her? My breeding wad accidental, and my wife told me she would shoot me if it happens again.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #69
SteelJawEmily
I'm not sure....probably around $40. I'm not sure I want to sell her just yet, I'm waiting to see what her babies look like.

Also, she can be a little feisty to handle sometimes. So if you have little kids, I would not recommend her. She is cage aggressive but once you get her out and work with her for a bit, she calms down. She doesn't like me very much right now because I'm having to give her daily shots for her medication. lol

I'll keep updates in this thread of whether or not I want to sell her though. Thanks for the interest!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #70
SteelJawEmily
Babies have started to arrive! And guess what......Onyx was apparently het for motley. So I have (so far) almost all motley's, and what I'm guessing are Pinstripe Motleys? Someone want to help me out on that?

Anyway, here are some baby pics!
Normal1

Motley 1

Motley 2

Motley 3

Motley 4

Motley 5

Motley 6

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google