CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

CRS.......

Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Rich Z
CRS.......

Man, I hate this getting old stuff. Whoever coined the phrase "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" really knew what they were talking about.

I set up one of the rooms in the old snake building for my keyboards as I like to plink away on them every now and again. Used to play in a band as a keyboardist in my younger days, even though I was never really any good, and haven't gotten any better with age. But it was fun, and I constantly kid myself that with practice I will eventually get better at it. So anyway I was poking around on YouTube and stumbled on a video showing the piano intro to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and I decided to plink around with that.

There are several tutorials online, so that makes it easy on the "figuring" part.

So anyway I got my two hands to play together nicely and had this down pat and was pleased with the sound. So I shut the keyboard down and walked outside to do a few errands before going over to the house. So I started thinking about that song, and darn if I couldn't remember what it even sounded like in that short span of time. Sheesh.... Hopefully it will come back to me next time I sit at the keyboard.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, I hate this getting old stuff. Whoever coined the phrase "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" really knew what they were talking about.

I set up one of the rooms in the old snake building for my keyboards as I like to plink away on them every now and again. Used to play in a band as a keyboardist in my younger days, even though I was never really any good, and haven't gotten any better with age. But it was fun, and I constantly kid myself that with practice I will eventually get better at it. So anyway I was poking around on YouTube and stumbled on a video showing the piano intro to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and I decided to plink around with that.

There are several tutorials online, so that makes it easy on the "figuring" part.

So anyway I got my two hands to play together nicely and had this down pat and was pleased with the sound. So I shut the keyboard down and walked outside to do a few errands before going over to the house. So I started thinking about that song, and darn if I couldn't remember what it even sounded like in that short span of time. Sheesh.... Hopefully it will come back to me next time I sit at the keyboard.
From One Rich To Another,

I Feel your Pain! In my teenage years I played bass Guitar for a rock group. Now Days, I can't remember what i did the day before...and really don't much look forward to doing what i need to do tomorrow, simply because the day after tomorrow...i won't remember what i did. heres to being "Older"....Not OLD...Just "Older".

Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
ZoologyGirl
This post actually reminded me that at one point in my life I knew the piano intro! Totally forgot it at this point, (and until now forgot I had even known it at one point).

Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Rich Z
Do you know the old saying "He has forgotten more than most people know"? Well, I used to think that was a compliment.......

Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
This post actually reminded me that at one point in my life I knew the piano intro! Totally forgot it at this point, (and until now forgot I had even known it at one point).
Actually, I've pretty much got it down pat. But it sure does point out to me that the muscles in my right hand don't have the stamina they used to...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google