CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Looking for Blood reds

Old 06-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
tonyk
Looking for Blood reds

I am looking for blood reds. The redder the better. Is anyone working with them?

Old 07-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
jessmarie
Hey. I know this is a little bit of an older post, but I just hatched a clutch of Bloodred babies. They are het Amel, Caramel. Check out my page on Facebook, Cornbred Reptiles... Once they've shed, we will sex them and post pictures!

Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
brenden_michael
I have a female Blood Red. I bought her two days ago not knowing she was pregnant and she laid 3/4 healthy eggs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2016, 07:19 AM   #4
Nanci
Nice surprise!

I have 2.1 bloodreds from a bloodred tessera x super-nice old school bloodred, but they are just kind of middle of the road red, with nice diffusion. Lots of possible hets, though! Hypo, lavender, caramel, anery, something else...But I'd make a REALLY good deal on them! I kept a sibling pair, so these guys are just eating mice and getting huge. Two year olds.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #5
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenden_michael View Post
I have a female Blood Red. I bought her two days ago not knowing she was pregnant and she laid 3/4 healthy eggs!

What a gorgeous snake! I assume you're incubating those eggs? They are probably going to produce some pretty hatchlings.

However, are you also CERTAIN she is done? She may have more eggs inside of her if you disturbed her while laying. I only suggest such a thing because 3 or 4 eggs is a mighty small clutch and while it is possible, not highly probable. I think.

Either way, WELCOME to the forum!!!

Old 07-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #6
Nanci
Good point, I'd feel her up really well, and get her a lay box just in case. The only time I had a snake lay a small clutch like that was when I bought a _yearling_ who surprised me with a clutch!!! Nice.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
brenden_michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
What a gorgeous snake! I assume you're incubating those eggs? They are probably going to produce some pretty hatchlings.

However, are you also CERTAIN she is done? She may have more eggs inside of her if you disturbed her while laying. I only suggest such a thing because 3 or 4 eggs is a mighty small clutch and while it is possible, not highly probable. I think.

Either way, WELCOME to the forum!!!

Yeah two hours passed and we thought she was done but my girlfriend woke up in the middle of the night and found another really healthy looking egg! So now it's 4/5 .

Old 07-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #8
brenden_michael
I also have a Blizzard that is fairly young. I'd like to get a pewter when he is old enough to be with my Blood Red. My girlfriend has a juvenile Charcoal and Hypo Blood Red.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #9
brenden_michael
These are her eggs, I think they are fairly small because she was a bit too young, but she somehow got pregnant at the pet store. That's a win for me though!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #10
Eavlynn
1 of those looks great. 2 look a bit iffy, and the darker colored egg looks to be a slug. If they feel squishy they probably aren't fertile. But the completely white egg, though small, looks good in the photo. Do you have an incubator for them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google