CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Looking For Any non albino cornsnake That Is Eating Adult Mice

Old 08-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
SerpentLady4
Looking For Any non albino cornsnake That Is Eating Adult Mice

My adult 3 year old caramel motley escaped this morning. Door is closed and food is laid down but in case he can't be found I am looking for a corn snake that has been eating adult mice prefer no albinos

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Old 08-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
Corning
Really you lost one this morning and the first thing you want to do is replace him? That's terrible. Somebody's gotta say it. Those two things shouldn't be related.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
DollysMom
Right now, I just hope you find your escapee.

When my snake escaped, I only waited 2.5 weeks before getting another. I couldn't stand the empty viv and not having my snake care routine.

Good luck on finding your snake and best wishes on getting another snake.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 AM   #4
Shiari
I have found an escapee 10 weeks after they got lost.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentLady4 View Post
My adult 3 year old caramel motley escaped this morning. Door is closed and food is laid down but in case he can't be found I am looking for a corn snake that has been eating adult mice prefer no albinos

Hiya SerpentLady4! How ya been?

While I am aware that everyone has a different way to deal with a crisis, I don't wanna minimize how serious an escaped snake is. Please don't take this the wrong way, but our responses to such as an incident can sometimes be misinterpreted - or not! Depending upon, of course, how you really meant it. However, before I jump to conclusions myself, can you explain the reason you want another one without having even done an in-depth search for your missing one? Can you imagine me saying that one of my toddlers got away from me in the supermarket this morning, with little chance of him or her being found, so I'm looking to adopt another and by the way, I'm only looking for one old enough to eat with utensils? Not so different to some of us who love our snakes like family. That's what I hear in Corning's response to you. Just sayin'.

That said, if I were to tell you that I needed to downsize my collection of non-albino corns, unless I don't care about my little sneaky ones myself, why would I even want to sell or give one to you? You get my drift? Not trying to start no sh**, seriously. I don't recall seeing any posts from you which would indicate you are other than a true corn snake lover and PLEASE tell me if I'm mistaken (a little honesty will go a LONG WAY here)!

As for my own experiences, I recently shared that when I lost our second 18 year-old cat not even four months after his sibling had passed, we were beyond devastated (RIP Romeo & GiGI - 1998-2006). To make things even harder, we had to euthanize BOTH and were present while they took their last breaths. Holding their little paws while their eyes went from loving to lifeless is a memory I have to live with and though it wasn't pleasant, is something I would do again as to minimize suffering in an animal I love is of just as much importance to me as it is to take my next breath myself! I'm telling you this because a day after my Romeo (the male and second one to go) passed, I became aware of a recent rescue of three kittens, two of whom we now have and love daily. However, while some people say we didn't even grieve the former two cats, we mourn their loss on a daily basis, sometimes several times daily (we were practically driven to tears by a brief scene in "The Night Of" on HBO Sunday night as the hero adopts a cat he's allergic to which is the spitting image of Romeo! In my work, one of my jobs is working with terminally-ill people, so end-of-life issues is not foreign to me by a long shot!). We adopted the other two out of the necessity of a distraction to cushion the impact of the blow losing TWO within four months had on us! We had our two babies for almost 19 years!!! They could NEVER, EVER be replaced and the same goes for ANY of my beloved little sneaky ones. I've lost THEM a couple of times also but thankfully found them again!!

While there are two separate issues playing simultaneously (concisely stated by Corning), I think that some members of this forum or site would be more amenable to helping out if they knew you aren't just keeping a cornsnake for the sole purpose of being able to say you have a pet snake at home. Many folks have pets. Fewer have and love them dearly. Which group do you belong to?

If I didn't care so much I would NOT have wasted my precious time writing this, BELIEVE ME! I am typically busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin contest, to put it mildly!!!!

Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
daddio207
Quote:

Hi Jennifer! Welcome back

I hope you have success in finding your escapee. They tend to hide for days until they either find a way out of the room or just come out into the open hunting. I had one re-appear in his open tub 2 weeks later...
If I recall correctly you got a few snakes from Don S. at SMR in the past and he does have a few non-albino adults for sale. As he has proven with you he will go to the ends of the earth to help and even apologise when wrong.

Please don't take the negative comments personally as they do NOT know what your thought process is or where you are in life...........

Old 08-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post

Please don't take the negative comments personally as they do NOT know what your thought process is or where you are in life...........
This ^^^^^

Thanks for saying it better than I did, Daddio!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
SerpentLady4
Yes, I did extensive search where I moved e everything and tore room apart to no prevail. It wouldn't be right away it would be October that I rebuy another one from Don

Old 08-31-2016, 07:18 AM   #9
axis1
Quote:
Yes, I did extensive search where I moved e everything and tore room apart to no prevail. It wouldn't be right away it would be October that I rebuy another one from Don

Hi SerpentLady! How ya been?

Not really expecting an in-depth answer as my post to you yesterday didn't evoke even the slightest response. But in the interest of your little sneaky one, just wondering if there was any luck since your last post.

Sometimes, as mentioned by others, they do like to slither around at night. At least that's when I found most of the ones which have escaped during my lifetime.

Just wondering.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
Northwestsnakes
I have a snake that is similar to yours. It is a butter motley corn very sweet. She it $80+shipping. If u are willing to do Amel I have a male of that morph. Super sweet and chubby. He is $35+shipping. Email me if u are interested at: brooke@northwestsnakes.com Hope u find your snake!

~Brooke

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google