CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Female amel stripe/het; feeding, healthy, and HANDLED!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
ForkedTung
Hiddenhollow just got here, immediately managed to find the only two threads I've ever seen here asking for free snakes: one for a cancer patient and the other for a teacher that works with non-feeders, posts a few snide comments, then turns around and asks for a snake with a specific:
1) gender
2) morph
3) genetics
4) temperament
5) color specification
6) approximate price (cheap)
and then says:
Quote:
I can't be picky
all the while managing to insult most of the community here regarding standard husbandry practices.

Great job!
Quote:
buddy

Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
hiddenhollowherp
..Would you rather I be vague about it? Okay. I will.

"I want a corn snake. I live in America."

..Hmm.... I don't really see how this will help my breeding program.. ??? Any ideas?

*Sigh* this place is like a giant henhouse. Only cleaner. Less dust and whatnot.

Snakes bite. It's what they do. Wild snakes bite 'cause they're scared or angry. Pet snakes bite 'cause you smell like rodentia or you're pinching their tail or something. I have four corns. My female is my oldest, and I have handled her every day from the time I got her. She has only bitten me once, and that was due to my neglectful handwashing. When she realized I wasn't food, she quickly let go. My snow male, Frostbite, was bought from a breeder through a petstore. I met the breeder, snakes were well fed, looked nice.. I have had this snake for three years and he is still the scariest snake I have ever met. He was a year old when I got him, and despite daily handling, he bites me constantly. It hurts and I don't like it. I sure hope temperments aren't genetic, because this guy's first breeding is going to be an important one for me. Then we have Drake, a snake who was captured by a kid who played with him a bit and eventually bred him and put him up for sale. This fella is almost as tame as my female, even for being wild and God knows how old. He doesn't like being surprised, but once he knows what's going on, he's just fine. Next I come to Axel, my little dragon. He's really just an anery who thinks he's a dragon. He's my newest. I've only had him for a year, and he still has growing to do. He knows he has teeth, and he's not afraid to use them. Axel was taken care of impeccably by his owner, just never handled. As a result, he does not like being handled at all. What I like about Axel is that he 'rattles' his tail before he bites, and Frosty does not. He just goes for it.

Given that reptiles are not sociable or affectionate creatures, they all have the potential to bite. However, some bite more than others, and I'd rather have one who is not known to bite. And if she does bite, I'd like some sort of body language warning or something, as is charactaristic of Axel.

I'm way used to being the hippie nobody likes. It doesn't bug me as much as it used to. Honestly, I'd rather speak my mind and face the music than be 'polite' and turn to plastic.

I'm sorry you guys don't agree with me, but honestly, I don't give a hoot.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #13
ghosthousecorns
If you don't want a snake that has lived in a bin you may be looking in the wrong place, that's what most of the larger well respected breeders with the best genetic snakes and the best reputations do around here. I would suggest looking on your local craigslist for a pet quality snake, and if you don't like the henhouse get the cluck out... ( sorry mods -I couldnt help that one )

Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #14
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenhollowherp View Post
..Would you rather I be vague about it? Okay. I will.

"I want a corn snake. I live in America."
If you don't see the irony of your post I can't help you.

..Hmm.... I don't really see how this will help my breeding program.. ??? Any ideas?
Yes, Cut the holier than thou, self righteous indignant attitude.

*Sigh* this place is like a giant henhouse. Only cleaner. Less dust and whatnot.
Again with subtle insults, you just don't learn or play well with others...

Snakes bite. It's what they do. Wild snakes bite 'cause they're scared or angry. Pet snakes bite 'cause you smell like rodentia or you're pinching their tail or something. I have four corns. My female is my oldest, and I have handled her every day from the time I got her. She has only bitten me once, and that was due to my neglectful handwashing. When she realized I wasn't food, she quickly let go. My snow male, Frostbite, was bought from a breeder through a petstore. I met the breeder, snakes were well fed, looked nice.. I have had this snake for three years and he is still the scariest snake I have ever met. He was a year old when I got him, and despite daily handling, he bites me constantly. It hurts and I don't like it. I sure hope temperments aren't genetic, because this guy's first breeding is going to be an important one for me. Then we have Drake, a snake who was captured by a kid who played with him a bit and eventually bred him and put him up for sale. This fella is almost as tame as my female, even for being wild and God knows how old. He doesn't like being surprised, but once he knows what's going on, he's just fine. Next I come to Axel, my little dragon. He's really just an anery who thinks he's a dragon. He's my newest. I've only had him for a year, and he still has growing to do. He knows he has teeth, and he's not afraid to use them. Axel was taken care of impeccably by his owner, just never handled. As a result, he does not like being handled at all. What I like about Axel is that he 'rattles' his tail before he bites, and Frosty does not. He just goes for it.
There is a forum here called "new members introductions" maybe you could've started there with this cutesy stuff before rampaging through the forums with your agenda and that chip on your shoulder?

Given that reptiles are not sociable or affectionate creatures, they all have the potential to bite. I learn something new every day
However, some bite more than others, and I'd rather have one who is not known to bite. And if she does bite, I'd like some sort of body language warning or something, as is charactaristic of Axel. I've got a few 08' snows het hypo from a fiesty clutch that will definitely rear up, rattle their tails and then bite you. See, this way you'll know that they bite ( ya know the body language requirement) and won't worry about whether the one your getting does or not. They can easily be "broken" from this behavior by ...well you seem to believe that you have the most experience on this site, I'm quite sure you know everything already.

I'm way used to being the hippie nobody likes. It doesn't bug me as much as it used to. You should be proud. Honestly, I'd rather speak my mind and face the music than be 'polite' and turn to plastic.
Actually I find arrogant, thick skinned people about as plasticized as a frisbee, just not as much fun.

Again with posturing...If you don't give a hoot, why are you apologizing?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #15
TandJ
Quote:
I'm way used to being the hippie nobody likes. It doesn't bug me as much as it used to. Honestly, I'd rather speak my mind and face the music than be 'polite' and turn to plastic.

I never disagreed with you.. Personaly thought you came of as a snot in some of the posts of yours I read.. Apparently I was not not the only one, simply by gageing the responses you have received..

Believe me, I am trying hard to be polite and actually invite you into the community rather than trying to run you off..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 12-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #16
ziggybond_007
You want the people on this forum to help you, yet you keep insulting them... As for the hen house... I won't even go into that. Congratulations on being the "hippie" no one likes. You've certainly started off on the right foot.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #17
hiddenhollowherp
Oooh. I should host a big ol' party.

My first priority with my snakes is to have fun with them and make (and keep) them superbly healthy. Breeding is on the side.

Now (that everyone is clucking and flapping about) I do regret posting that bit about the bins, but I didn't think anyone would take it so literally. So allow me to explain (if you would) :

The pun wasn't directed at the bins themselves, but rather at the fact that many people keep their snakes confined constantly with little or no handling. I should have said something like "..and keep their snakes contained all day.." so, that was a poor choice of words on my part. I don't have anything against bins, unless they are used hastily, in which case I have seen/heard (of) many a tail being pinched off or kinked. I suppose that could happen with any locking container though, no?

I obviously won't shrivel up and die if I don't get this female, so 'o well lol idc'. I'll get over it by Spring. I'd like to tame down Frosty a little more anyway. He's locked onto my arm right now (did I mention it hurts?) but hopefully he'll come around.

..Usually I thank people when they help me, but I feel like I'll be assassinated if I don't thank your little flock?

thx @ u lol.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #18
a_god_s
Quote:
Oooh. I should host a big ol' party.

..Usually I thank people when they help me, but I feel like I'll be assassinated if I don't thank your little flock?
I usually don't address trolls but your incredible sarcastic wit has motivated me.

Snakes don't need regular handling to be calm and easy-going.

I'm sure you won't die if you don't find the snake your looking for by Spring but your search will be severely hampered by your online attitude.

This is a very informative forum. People here try to offer sincere advice, perhaps you should take it in the helpful spirit it is given.

Good Luck on finding a beauty like this girl, BTW she lives in a bin.

Name:  0808oni.JPG
Views: 432
Size:  94.6 KB

Just a note: Easy up hippie, your giving the rest of us a bad name (Jazz this is not referring to you )

Old 12-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
hiddenhollowherp
I still haven't gotten any sincere advice, but okie dokie.

Btw, you have hairy arms.
Next time you decide to stick your nose in my window, take the time to read the whole board, or atleast the last thing I posted.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #20
a_god_s
Quote:
I still haven't gotten any sincere advice, but okie dokie.

Btw, you have hairy arms.
Next time you decide to stick your nose in my window, take the time to read the whole board, or atleast the last thing I posted.
I just read your introduction and was going to comment that it was a much better start but naw (you see I can be little and small too )

Your right I do have hair on my arms, how observant of you.

So much for trying...I'm not as magnanimous as others....adiós perdedor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
amelanistic, cornsnake