CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Wanted: Hypo Opal Stripe Male (hets ok)

Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #21
torsten
Quote:
16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological
At least my 16 years has taught me about the strange thing called a spell checker... lol

I also don't see where experience comes into it? as I was merely observing that no one was planning on using a runt for breeding...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #22
kgmax1228
Talking C-YA

I'LL BE GOING TO KINGSNAKE NOW!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #23
danielle
Have fun

Old 10-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #24
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
Sorry Torsten-didn't mean to offend-but at 16 you can only have 16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological
Well, I'm pretty sure he's got more snake experience than my 25 years

And I venture to say he's more mature than you, given that you resort to putting him down for his age without even knowing him or his experience with keeping reptiles.

Have fun at kingsnake.

My mother is approaching 50...I can guarantee you she knows little to zilch about snake keeping...so obviously knowledge is not necessarily related only to chronology, but rather to experience both hands on and research/reading.

To Mike: I hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #25
kgmax1228
Talking TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS-GO CLEAN YOUR CAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure he's got more snake experience than my 25 years

And I venture to say he's more mature than you, given that you resort to putting him down for his age without even knowing him or his experience with keeping reptiles.

Have fun at kingsnake.

My mother is approaching 50...I can guarantee you she knows little to zilch about snake keeping...so obviously knowledge is not necessarily related only to chronology, but rather to experience both hands on and research/reading.

To Mike: I hope you find what you are looking for.
AGAIN-NOT A PUT DOWN - JUST FACTS- YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN AGE!!!!!! AND STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT YOUR MOM!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #26
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN AGE!!!!!! !
I agree, that's obvious. But all Torsten typed was

"Sorry to point out (:P) that using a runt male for breeding wasn't actually mentioned

The mention of the runt was that the breeder had the genetics to make it so he might have adults or other hatchlings for sale with those genes"

and you went into a tizzy about him being only 16. I'm not sure what only being 16 had to do with what he stated.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #27
danielle
On Topic: Mike I have a opal butter motely stripe male who will be ready next year if you want to borrow him. He looks striped but in fact is a motly stripe and I couldn't tell you if he's het stripe honestly either, but if worse comes to worse I wouldn't mine loaning him to you

Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
reptiledoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Try Rich Z
Try Me!!!

Woot!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #29
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
On Topic: Mike I have a opal butter motely stripe male who will be ready next year if you want to borrow him. He looks striped but in fact is a motly stripe and I couldn't tell you if he's het stripe honestly either, but if worse comes to worse I wouldn't mine loaning him to you
Danielle, thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind. Right now though I am really trying to find a male that is homozygous for hypo, that is the only way I can with out a doubt produce hybinos (and thus hypo opal stripes). I do not want to leave any questions.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #30
stephen
produce hybinos

Just out of curiosity,why would you want that? I know with boa genetics hybinos would be called sunglow because hypo does affect the looks of them.With all the breedings I have done, I dont think you could tell if a Amel corn is Hypo or not. I think theres alot of confusion about Hypo Snow Corns and whats causing some to have the high color look, but I dont think it is Hypo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google