CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Urgent: Baby corn regurgitation problems

Old 11-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
aliceb
Exclamation Urgent: Baby corn regurgitation problems

Hi all.
I purchased my baby corn around the end of September. (her name is Lucy aka Lulu) She is a little over two months old and about 10 inches long.
She has now regurgitated twice since I've gotten her.

Enclosure:
10 gallon tank, aspen bedding, under tank heater.
Warm side: 87 degrees (I have been told that this is too warm and have lowered it to 85 degrees)
Cool side: Room temp, 75 degrees average
Her under tank heater is monitored by an automatic thermostat so fluctuation in temperature is rare. Although I have noticed in some areas in of the tank where the temperature can vary based on bedding and what not.

Feeding: Before bringing her home, the people at the reptile store said that she had eaten pre-killed before.
When I brought her home she ate pre-killed pinky mice consistently for a few weeks, then out of no where regurgitated.
I do not handle her within the first 48 hours after feeding. Ever since she regurgitated I have not handled her since. (1st regurgitation was October 16th)
Post regurgitation I did not try to feed her for a week and a half. She showed little interest and acted afraid of the pinky. After trying every week, on Monday (November 5th) she finally showed interest, striked, and swallowed the pinky. I woke up this morning (November 7th) to a regurgitated pinky.

Does anybody have any idea why this would be happening? Any suggestions? I am desperate.

Thank you all.

P.S. Lulu is very comfortable in her tank. I often see her moving and perching while I am in the room. She often is fully visible. I also see her regulating her body temperature and moving from warm side to cool side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
pinky mice, regurgitate, regurgitation, temperature