CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Chicken

Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #1
Skates
Chicken

Can someone tell me the best place to buy frozen baby chicken for my Corn snake Ruben?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
crackerhead
American Rodent or RodentPro both sell chicks and quail.
Please take note that the resulting poop is nasty.

Terri

Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
DollysMom
Unless your corn snake won't eat anything else, mice are easier and all the nutrition he needs. There are a few species that need variety in their diet. Corn snakes are not one of them.

I got the chicks I need for different species snake at Layne Labs, but they seem to be seasonal and don't always have them in stock. They seem to have quail year round. I bought quail last fall and this spring.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #4
Skates
Thank you for your replies. I will stick with mice. I thought corn snakes just needed a verity in food,this is my first snake so I’m learning.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
PocketFuzz
Wouldn't a baby chicken be overly large for a cornsnake?

My girl has eaten nothing but mice since a baby, when she downed a few earthworms. Then I progressed up through the ages of mice. Now she eats 3 adult mice per feeding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 11-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
if your corn snake is a good sized adult, it will have no problem with a baby chicken. When we say "baby chicken" we're not talking about one of those little fluffy chicks kids get at eater. Those are usually several weeks old. We are talking about a newly hatched chicken, right out of the egg. They are no bigger than a mouse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google