CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Anyone else have a cornsnake with a bad attitude?

Old 06-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #11
Nanci
He's gorgeous. What if you did snake boot camp with him, and let him sit with you for an hour every evening, watching TV?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:55 AM   #12
ltsweety2
Nanci does that really work? (Bootcamp)
Ive noticed that if i handle her at night or early morning she is better at times...

Keya

Old 07-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #13
Firefly151
I'm just following the conversation here. I'm a new snake owner and I'm trying to learn about snake behavior.

Is defecating while being held a sign of being unhappy, or scared? Or is it normal for small snakes and abnormal for older?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #14
jet_set_willy
I have a hatchling called Vimto who is very feisty and just wants to bite anything that goes near him. Once i'm holding him he soon calms down though.

Hope he grows out of it.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
Karl_Mcknight
many of us "Wait until after our snakes Poop" before we handle them.

Having said that, None of my 5 snakes over the past 40+ years have ever pooped on me. But you are not alone, I've heard others talk about it.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #16
DollysMom
Defecating can be a sign of nervousness but is not necessarily one.

Is double pooping like double clutching, lol? Mandy poops but often poops again a second time before her next feeding. She's never pooped while being held though, just sometimes when she is on her blanket. Exercise does and will bring on a poop. While it needs cleaning up it is not a bad thing.

I've found that just when I think all the poop is out I get fooled. So while I do wait for the first defection before handling, I just roll with it otherwise.

Jetset-- Vimto is super cute. What attitude in that pic. Glad he calms down for you!

Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #17
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_set_willy View Post
I have a hatchling called Vimto who is very feisty and just wants to bite anything that goes near him. Once i'm holding him he soon calms down though.

Hope he grows out of it.
Great pose!!!

I LOVE it when I catch one of mine like that for a picture!!

Nice looking snake, btw.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #18
AlexLou
Yesterday morning I found fang marks on the top of one his hides. It really looked like he tried to sink his top "teeth" into the bark. Stress/fear/about to shed/? He was just fed the day before. We've had him just over one week. We adopted him (about 2 y/o) from people who didn't feel like they were giving him enough attention. We like him and want him to like us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google