CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

New neighbor, New behavior

Old 04-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
BriannaMcKee
New neighbor, New behavior

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum, and relatively new to Corns. I have a Amelistic Stripe Morph, who I believe to be female, named Leviathan. I got her for V-day and assume she is about 5 months now. She has her own tank and is handled every day. Three days ago I rescued an 8 month old, unsexed, Anery Sunkissed Amel, named Sterling. Sterling is also in her own tank and they have never physically met. I was told that one or the other would become lunch. Today I was handling Sterling, sitting in front-ish of Levi's tank and she started racing around her tank, bouncing of her hide and generally being nuts. She kept this up until I put Sterling away. After retrieving her from her tank and handling her, she settled and did her normal wander around her tank. I am just wondering if this behavior is a hormone thing, a jealous snake thing or if anyone else has had this happen?

Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
BriannaMcKee
LEVIATHAN
[IMG][/IMG]
STERLING
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
Dragonling
Try uploading directly to the forum or hosting via Imgur instead. Looking at your recent uploads on Photobucket, I see neither an Amel Stripe nor a SK Snow. I do see a Motley or possibly Hypo Motley and an Anery.

Considering the very young ages of your snakes, I'm gonna chalk it up to either coincidence or a reaction to a change in your normal routine. I doubt very much that your 5-month-old paid any mind to the snake you were handling. Jealousy is as foreign a concept to a snake as heat sensing is to a human. They physically lack the abiltiy to form such complex emotions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google