CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Debating getting rid of my snake

Old 12-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
karkitty17
Unhappy Debating getting rid of my snake

I got my snake 7 years ago when I was 12 as a gift from my parents and I'm almost regretting it. I love her sooo much but I'll admit we didn't do any research apart from asking the petsmart employee how to take care of her. I wish I waited to get her because now I'm realizing all the things I've been doing wrong for the last seven years and I've been trying to fix it but there's so much to fix everywhere I look to for help says something different and it's so confusing. I don't want to give her up but I feel like I've been a horrible snake parent and she would be happier with someone who actually knew what they were doing. I feel bad even thinking about giving her up but she's been so unhappy and aggressive lately and I don't know what to do for her. Does anyone have any advice or opinions?

Old 12-05-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
Shiari
Well, to begin with, what is your set up like? We can start by fixing the largest issues, and then over time work through the smaller things. Everyone makes mistakes.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:19 AM   #3
Twolunger
Elemental Exotics (Tavia) is located right in your city. If you scroll down to the member blogs you will see a lot of info on their blog. Perhaps you can seek some advice from them? You can also follow Shiari's advice and let the members know the details of your set up. You have kept your corn for 7 years so you must be doing something right. I'm a bit confused as to why she has become aggressive lately? Do you handle her much?

Old 12-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
April0684
I wouldn't give up on her. I'm sure the friendly folks here could help walk you through the issues you're having with her.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #5
Cane
7 years and the snake is still alive. Corns have few special needs that would mean a substantial difference between survival and "being happy". If you realize that there are things that should be done differently just do it. Why would the snake,(by the way what's it's name?), be better off with someone else?

Just ask if you have a question about any of his/her needs and you will get good answers here. ANY misinformation will be quickly shouted down by a lot of folks if it were given. So it's pretty much a foolproof procedure to get things right from here on in.

Debate over!

Old 12-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #6
Nanci
I have a good caresheet down in my personal forum, on this site. But if she's still alive after seven years, you must be doing something right! Cornsnakes are so simple- all you need is a place to keep her that she can't escape from, some stuff for her to hide in, a UTH and thermostat, and a meal every two weeks.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #7
Nanci
PS, Facebook can come up with a lot of good info, AND a lot of bad info, and no way to tell it apart, because people get all hurt if you disagree, and it just never gets resolved correctly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google