• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8 yr old corn won’t eat

Sherry4911

Hi, when feeding a frozen mouse to our 8 yr corn snake, water dripped off the mouse into our dnskes’s nose. Now he won’t eat. It is going on a month now and he is loosing weight.

Help please

Checked temperature and humidity all seems ok. Tried feedings in bin and in his tank no luck. Waited a week in between trys.

Thanks

Try feeding him a Day-Old-chick aka Baby chicken, or braining, or try senting the mouse by rubbing it on a bearded dragon if you have one. or try putting the cornsnake in a dark place inside a box with a mouse and see if that help Good Luck!

Becareful of live feeding mouse keep your eyes on the snake the whole time while the mouse is in with the snake as they can get hurt, and that wouldnt be good, hope you manage to get the snake eating again

Water dripping from a mouse doesn't turn off the feeding response in a healthy corn. I've accidentally drop a mouse right into a corn's water bowl and she grabbed it right out of the water. If your guy is losing weight there's a more serious problem. Better check with a veterinarian, preferably one with reptile experience.

Please do let us know what the vet finds. Hopefully, nothing serious. It is not unusual for a male to stop eating during the breeding season, but losing weight is another matter.

Ok we took him to the vet. His weight is fine 2 pounds at about 4 feet long.
You called it, he is looking to mate. Vet said he is healthy. Thanks
How long is breeding season?
We will try a brained mouse soon.
He was mad and hissed at the vet
Thanks for your help

My males are most active during the breeding season of March and April. The daylight hour duration triggers breeding season in my corns. Some say if you want to fool a male into believing the season is over, just gradually increase the daylight hours artificially with lights on a timer.

My adult male Corn also stopped eating around xmas ... he does this every year though .
He suddenly started eating voraciously for the last two weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back