CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

What do you keep your snake in??

Old 06-14-2002, 12:43 AM   #1
CK2430
What do you keep your snake in??

these are my new rubbermade cages (kinda new had them about 2 weeks now) but they work really good and my snakes like them tell me what u think

Old 06-14-2002, 02:24 AM   #2
Simon
I used tanks before.

I have 5 20 Gallon Tanks, 1 10 gallon tanks, and 2 50 gallon tanks

Right now I build myself a rack system and has 20 tubs in it right now. Still could add more to the rack but too lazy to put the boards in since I don't have enough snakes (yet, planning on getting around 6-8 more during the expo on the 23rd)

They are all in Sterilite 28 Quarts tubs (Thanks to Jim who got them for me)

Old 06-14-2002, 06:57 AM   #3
CornsnakeKeeper
I also use tanks and so far, I have 3 twenty gallon long tanks and a 40 gallon tank.

Simon, how many corns do you have and what kinds? LOL I'd like to see your updated list.

Old 06-14-2002, 02:20 PM   #4
Simon
Well as of now, I have 20 in total and 16 of them are with me in London Ontario, and 4 of them are with my very good friend in Vancouver who wouldn't want to give me my 4 corns back....

So here is the little list:
1.0 Miami ( Pet Shop in York Dale Mall in Toronto)
0.1 Hypo (From Andy in US)
1.0 Pink Snow (Not toally sure about this, he was suppose to be a female too.....From Pet shop in London)
1.1 Candy Cane (From Kathy Love)
1.1 Frosted Creamsicles (From Mississagua Expo)
1.1 Amel (Both from Pet shop in London)
1.3 Lavenders (From Rich Zuchowski)
1.2 Milk Snake Phase (From Rich Zuchowski)
1.1 Ghost (not here in London, from a person in US)
1.1 Bloodred (also not here in London, also from a person in US)

but then on the 23rd I am planning to buy more snakes, so I'll update my list later on after I finish shopping on the 23rd.... planning on getting around 6 or more....hahah

Old 06-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #5
ROACHMAN
myne

here is my setup currently as you guys can see i NEED a rack system ..simon i have 21 snakes now ..majour mission to keep all the cages clean hey

Old 06-15-2002, 12:06 AM   #6
joe clark
Rack & 55 gallon setup........

The top pic is my current rack system. Holds 12 adults. I am about to build another that takes better advantage of vertical space and holds 16 adults. On top of the rack are 'folding top' rubbermaids; used for hatchlings through yearlings. Next to those under the towels is my incubator.

The bottom pic is a 55 gallon setup, complete with 'jungle gym', for a BIG (5.5 foot) amel male. I have had its inhabitant, Chester, the longest, so he has the priviledge of a more spacious enclosure. I can sit for hours and watch 'the big fella' cruise his branches.

I have a couple other style enclosures, but no pics. Sorry.
joe clark

Old 06-15-2002, 03:40 AM   #7
Simon
Hey Roachman,
how long does it take you to clean all those tanks? Just wondering. Also when the snakes grow up, they'll need more space......you'll definately need a rack system!

Joe,
Finally, I can see how you keep your snakes now. I don't think that you'll need a new rack system. I think that you should ship them to me or just wait until I come and pick all of them up for you and save you money too.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Old 06-15-2002, 04:30 AM   #8
ROACHMAN
cleaning tkes quite a while

the cleaning procedure takes QUITE a while ....most of the saturday morning... thats why i need a rac system as well :-)

Old 06-15-2002, 04:39 AM   #9
ROACHMAN
i am planning to build BIG cages like the top one (600 cm x 600cm x 3 m[donno the feet and inches]), on the one side and then build in a rack system for the smaller snakes....but i move them up in life :-) see they start off in the tiny cages a hatchlings , then move up to the bigger cages as teenagers , and then as adults i will keep them in the huge cages ....actually i want to build a whole room for them with a rack system and washing system with jets and flows out of the cages .some underfloor heating wont hurt either for the winter months (one day), so if any of you have developed such a system lemme know ....(washing is the one job i hate about the cages

These cages is not too heavy like the aquariums or have sharp corners that the critters LOVE so much so it is not that much of a mission as the aquariums was, but still takes quite the while

Old 06-15-2002, 10:41 AM   #10
CornsnakeKeeper
How can a rack system provide the corns with extra space as they mature? Shoeboxes aren't very big!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google