CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

iHerp, do you?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #71
ghosthousecorns
I like the idea, but this site is not really affiliated with that one and not all members here use iherp.
I do feel iherp is a great resource. I keep my feeding and shed records there, and photos of individual hatchlings that I can refer potential buyers to.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #72
Sindrik8x
Cool, was just curious. I figured it wasn't associated, just seemed like a valuable resource for people.

I understand forum etiquette and stuff though, so I know once you start essentially free advertising for certain sites it opens the door for all other kinds and what not.

I have seen this thread get bumped alot so it seems like you all are trying to keep it at the forefront. Good stuff.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #73
jcdrgnfly
I just joined. My hubby and I have been planning on taking new pics of our scalebabies but lighting/ feeding/ shedding has prevented our latest attempts, so there aren't any photos to show... yet

Seems like a good way to keep track of feeds, sheds, growth, etc. I'm still a pencil and paper person (you should see the genetics charts I've made for myself on graph paper LOL), but I like having a computer backup. Paper can get damaged or lost quite easily, and never put all your eggs in one basket, right?

Anyway, I can be found here:
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...7-d95c0944b835

I love looking through pictures of everyone's scalebabies, so please let me know if you are on there ^_^

Old 08-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #74
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrik8x View Post
Anyone think about stickying this thread for newbies? I just joined up today and have Cruella on there. I think it would be an additional cool resource for the site. Maybe a subforum down in the advertising area?

Just a thought.
I did sticky it, but keep in mind it will only be a sticky in my personal forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
I like the idea, but this site is not really affiliated with that one and not all members here use iherp.
I do feel iherp is a great resource. I keep my feeding and shed records there, and photos of individual hatchlings that I can refer potential buyers to.
And Jen is right, iHerp isn't affiliated w/ cs.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrik8x View Post
Cool, was just curious. I figured it wasn't associated, just seemed like a valuable resource for people.

I understand forum etiquette and stuff though, so I know once you start essentially free advertising for certain sites it opens the door for all other kinds and what not.

I have seen this thread get bumped alot so it seems like you all are trying to keep it at the forefront. Good stuff.
I do try to bump it periodically for newbies.
Everyone has their own personal preference on tracking. iHerp doesn't work best for some & they use other trackiing systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdrgnfly View Post
I just joined. My hubby and I have been planning on taking new pics of our scalebabies but lighting/ feeding/ shedding has prevented our latest attempts, so there aren't any photos to show... yet

Seems like a good way to keep track of feeds, sheds, growth, etc. I'm still a pencil and paper person (you should see the genetics charts I've made for myself on graph paper LOL), but I like having a computer backup. Paper can get damaged or lost quite easily, and never put all your eggs in one basket, right?

Anyway, I can be found here:
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...7-d95c0944b835

I love looking through pictures of everyone's scalebabies, so please let me know if you are on there ^_^
Transferring files to others comes in handy as well, but one drawback is if they delete the file or their account, or the animal goes to someone else who does, you lose the ability to go back & read the tracking.
There's a few that if I want to keep the tracking info, (babies I've produced or something. I will tell the person they are welcome to copy any of the info & pics, & I will move the file into my sold section.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #75
xoxocammyxoxo
I signed up there last night. Same name as here xoxocammyxoxo. I like the idea but I'm also writing all the same information out to have in a binder because I'm a firm believer in having paper backups for all important info. But I'm super excited

Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #76
Lt. Dan
News to me :-) I'll head over and check it out. Thanks for the info!!!!

Old 05-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #77
KvanAalten
I'm on iherp as well, you can find me here http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...2-eed79434a255

Old 05-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #78
MysticExotics
Very pretty little babies you have there KvanAalten!

Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #79
KvanAalten
Thanks, hopefully I'll have more in the future (I've got quite the wishlist lol), your snakes are very nice too, especially your tesseras

Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #80
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KvanAalten View Post
Thanks, hopefully I'll have more in the future (I've got quite the wishlist lol), your snakes are very nice too, especially your tesseras
Thank you! Tessera's are one of my favorites!

You will get more...we all do at some point. LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google