CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Ventilation and size questions.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
DollysMom
Ventilation and size questions.

I want to make a larger feeding, holding, and transport bin out of a 15 quart box, like this Sterlite box:

http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-cl...t/-/A-13794491

I know to use a soldering iron (outside in fresh air) to make the ventilation holes, but I have no idea of how many or best placement. Where and how many?

Will this box be large enough for most adult corns?

Any other insight or suggestions appreciated. For whatever reason my searches aren't giving me the answers. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
jagodzinski
What I do with my vet transport bin is I only drills holes in the top. I drill about 20 holes as evenly spaced as possible. I use a slightly larger bin for my adult corn but that size looks okay. Also, I line the bin with paper towels and try to put a cardboard tissue box in there for security

Old 04-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
DollysMom
Thanks for the quick reply. I like the idea of the lightweight hide for transport, too!

Old 04-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
jagodzinski
Yeah, I figured its stressful enough putting put in a strange bin and then being in a moving car, so the hide can offer some security. I pick something small enough that she will be touching the sides (for an adult corn - tissue box size). This adds to security.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google