CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

humid hide

Old 09-14-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
DirtySanchez
humid hide

Can anyone tell me the best humid hide that i can use for my snakes, right now i have wooden logs. And they help with shedding right?

Old 09-14-2002, 08:17 PM   #2
Kel
You're right, a humid hide will help with shedding. I use a plastic Tupperware box with a hole cut in the side, half filled with damp sphagnum moss. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Kel

Old 09-14-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
Alicia
You can also use damp papertowels in place of the moss. Both work very well and most people have papertowels around the house

Old 09-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #4
statickaos
i dont do either, cause the corn rarely goes into any kind of hidebox..would rather burrow beneath em.. so i took a towel and put it over the screen on the cool side of the tank..poured water on it daily so that it was completely soaked but not dripping..an misted about twice daily..really worked well..

Old 09-15-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
little twiglet
i use repti bark which gives really great humidity and when they r going to shed i give them a bath every other day and mist the tank every day no problems yet!

Old 09-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #6
Neil
I don't use a humid hide because my corns get a bath twice a week. Although I bathe them to encourage them to poop it also softens the skin and helps the snake to shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google