CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

issues with Polaroid PDC 5080

Old 01-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Greeling
issues with Polaroid PDC 5080

ok i've had it since christmas but i can't get the close up pictures to look any better then well... crap, they're full of "gunk" because of zoom, or theres something else wrong (the flash getting in the way, too dark to make out the subject) i don't know what to do i've tried everything all the settings and i should get great pics it's supposed to be a 5MP camera for crying out loud! if anyone could help me out that would be great here are some examples...

"gunk" + washed out

zoomed "gunk"

too dark

Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Joejr14
Your problems:

You have a polaroid.

Does it have a macro feature? I noticed in reading a review that it doesn't have optical zoom at all, and only digital. Digital zoom is a waste, do not use it. Get as close to the image as you can and brighten up with with Infranview or Picasa.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Greeling
well crud... what a waste oh well i should have done my homework before i picked it out... my dad gets consumer reports too :headbang

thanks for the help tho

Old 01-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
Joejr14
Sorry for the bad news, but ya really can't expect much when you're getting a $125 or so camera.

Where'd ya get it from? Might try bringing it back to Walmart if they carry it, lol. They take ANYTHING back.

If you do decide to get a new camera and you want good close ups, make sure it's got a macro function, and make sure it's got OPTICAL zoom. Stick with a major digital manufacturer, as well. Nikon, Fuji, Canon, Olympus, etc.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
Greeling
got it from target.... i don't think they'll take it back now lol
oh well maybe i ca find the software for my mom cam and use it

Old 01-16-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Joejr14
You can take it back, provided that you've got the original packaging and reciept. It is subject to a 15% restocking fee, though. But hey, it's better than having a camera that you can't use how you want to use it, right?

Do a search on the electronics page on Target for digital cameras that are between 3-5mp. A 3mp camera is fine if you're not planning on making 8x10's or bigger enlargements.

Anyway, again, stick to name brands and make sure they have an optical zoom, and a macro feature.

www.dpreview.com is a good website, check that out while you're at it.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Greeling
thats the thing the recipt is safe but packaging got tossed oh well

Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
Joejr14
Well, give it a try anyway. Can't hurt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google