CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Lighting

Old 01-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Joejr14
Lighting

I had a feeling that this idea would work---and sure enough it did. I finally thought of it when I was out so decided to give it a try.

I bought a 4 pack of Philips 'Natural Light', similar to GE's 'Reveal' and put them in my bedroom (all my corns are there too). All of my picture taking is done on my bed. I've got a red heat lamp for when things get cool, but I took that bulb out and replaced it with a 'natural light' bulb. I should mention that the red light/natural light is one of those big aluminum housing type thingamabobers.

Anyway, the difference is amazing, and the bulbs really DO make a difference. I figure if I had another aluminum housing things ($5 at Walmart) I could really light up my room and it would make picture taking so much easier.

I had this problem when I was using my 2.0mp Olympus, and my red light served that purpose really well. It disappeared when the flash went off, but the light allowed the camera to focus really well, and faster than it was with regular room lights.

I personally got 4 100w bulbs for $2.22, so for that price I'd consider it a worthwhile investment, especially if you cannot drop the $200 for a slave flash if you have a DSLR or if you just need the extra light with a digital camera.

I'm not at my apartment now, but when I get back tomorrow evening I'll do a with the 'spotlight' and without it, so you can see the difference.

Certainly worth a try for $2.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google