CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Hat for Hide?

Old 09-25-2002, 11:54 AM   #1
Tbird
Question Hat for Hide?

Hey i was wondering if i could use one of my old crappy hats for a Hide?? Has anyone ever done this or tell me if this is a good idea or not..thanx a lot

Old 09-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Simon
I would think that using a hat wouldn't be a problem but then there is one word of advice....
that is when they pop around the hat or on the hat then it's going to be a problem cleaning it....other than that I would think that it's alright!

Old 09-25-2002, 01:08 PM   #3
kenalotia
Another consideration is the size of the hat. If you have a hatchling, your hat will be much too large for a hide. Corns need hides that allow them to curl up snugly inside, without a whole lto of extra room. An old hat could make a good hide for a somewhat larger snake, though.

Old 09-25-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
Tbird
You Think a at wuld be to big fo a snake about 8 inches long? I would think that is ok...also im gonna use paper towel things for them to crwl through..good idea?

Old 09-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #5
bmm
wow

8 inches long! What a tiny hatchling. And yes most definitly too big. Snakes like to have to SQEEZE into places

bmm

Old 09-25-2002, 05:24 PM   #6
Tbird
So wat are u telling me..i have togood hides all closed in and stuff) but there a lil big..how will it affect the snake...i was thinking of one paper towel tube o one side aother on the other..one hie box and the end of the cage and te hat on the other end (along with water dish and tree t climb on)

Old 09-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
kenalotia
You have the tiniest corn hatchling I've ever seen (not that I've seen yours, but you know what I mean). You might want to try to fill in the hides a little bit until it gets somewhat bigger. Maybe you can stuff some paper towels or something in to fill up the hides a bit. The hat is going to be huge for an 8 inch hatchling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google