CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Young Corn Snake SOS

Old 03-18-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
SerpentLady4
Young Corn Snake SOS

This morning I found almost dead in her tank my little over a year Extreme Okeetee female Arabella. She has a clean full bowl of water but she wouldn't drink from it. I got her to finally drink but she is barely moving and has her mouth open. She is breathing. There is no sign of mucous on the side of her mouth or in her mouth but she is making clicking noises

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Obstruction, maybe? Did you take her to the vet?

Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
SerpentLady4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentLady4 View Post
This morning I found almost dead in her tank my little over a year Extreme Okeetee female Arabella. She has a clean full bowl of water but she wouldn't drink from it. I got her to finally drink but she is barely moving and has her mouth open. She is breathing. There is no sign of mucous on the side of her mouth or in her mouth but she is making clicking noises

Nope not yet

Old 03-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
Twolunger
Just a guess, but it sounds like a respiratory problem. Lethargy, mouth open while breathing, and a crackling sound while exhaling tend to point to a respiratory infection. Get her to the vet as quickly as possible.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
SerpentLady4
I tried she died last night I buried her this morning she had an excellent appetite which stymied me about the respiratory infection cause if she had it she would gone to not eating

Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
Twolunger
Sorry to hear of your loss. Over the years I have had a few die and I was puzzled, as I thought all was fine with them. Even qualified vets don't have the answer every time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google