CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Heat/Humidity

Old 03-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Mikaelajo1
Heat/Humidity

I recently got a New Hatchling & have been battling with the heat & humidity. When I first got him, the humidity was wayyy too high at about 75%. I traded out his bedding to Aspen & now I can’t seem to get it high enough. It will sit between 20&30% humidity & go up when I spray water but go back down within 20 minutes. Any suggestions on getting the humidity perfect? Also, his tank would sit at about 75F I added a 50 Watt basking bulb that is about half a foot above his actual tank and the heat is fine on the warm side but now his cool side is about 3 degrees cooler. I have a heat mart on the warm side. Any suggestions on keeping the cool side cooler? Or if I need the heat lamp at All. His water is below the heat. And it’s still super dry.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
Mikaelajo1
His cool side Is three degrees cooler than his warm side to clarify!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google