CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 05-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #41
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
Have you got a weight on her yet?
No I don't. I will get one between now and her next feeding on Thursday. I need to take a pic with a yardstick for snake measurer, too.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #42
Karl_Mcknight
She looks huge.

And any snake that produces a "2 Handed Poop" is huge in my book.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #43
DollysMom
She's a big girl.

Yeah, no way I could clean it up one handed. Without getting too graphic, it looked like someone had broken a large egg on that blanket only with snake poop/urates inside. I took a picture for reference, but I'll spare everyone the pleasure, lol.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #44
DollysMom
Mandy drinking. About 30 seconds long.

https://youtu.be/grQz8IIaIPg

Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #45
DollysMom
Weight and Length

Mandy is 464 grams and 4 feet 4 inches long. I had guessed a little longer, but she is still a good sized adult.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #46
jagodzinski
First of all, I love the video drinking! Coincidentally, I just filmed Jag drinking the other day. (Its my favorite when they drink )

I could see how she is that long. Jag is about 4'10" and looks a little longer than Mandy in pics. (She also weighs a little more - 573g currently).

Old 05-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #47
DollysMom
IMHO there few things cuter than a snake drinking.

Sounds like Jag is well proportioned. You've done a good job with her.

Mandy is lean right now, I need to make sure she maintains her weight and doesn't lose any. The next few weeks should give me a feel for exactly how much to feed.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #48
DollysMom
Cute curled up girl.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #49
Karl_Mcknight
Love the drinking video. A 4 foot snake can put away some water.

464 grams! I can't wait til Rufus gets that big. At least I hope he does, but he still has a way to go.

That last pic where she is coiled up makes me wonder - For a "Normal" she certainly is very dark, almost a Purplish or Maroon color and almost no orange at all. Genetically, there is something going on there. Most of the Normals I see wild around here are very orange in color.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #50
DollysMom
I couldn't believe how long she drank! It's like she had just come in from the desert!

Rufus will get there and maybe even larger. I almost feel like I cheated getting a full grown snake, lol.

I think that coloring is just the lighting, Karl. Their colors change so much depending on light. To me that picture is not true to color, but it is cute. I think it has to do with the lightness of the aspen. Look at the picture with the yardstick for a more true to color pic. Even the video has better color.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google