CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Question About My Snake

Old 03-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
SerpentLady4
Question About My Snake

I the other day acquired from Don of SMR extreme okeetee male hatchling. He says that he makes sure that his reptiles are healthy (they don't ship sick snakes and ones that don't eat). He said it was 80 in Texas when he shipped him here in IL it around 40. He said he didn't know if my guy (Ajax) was in a shed or not. He is making clicking noises but no open mouth breathing and I checked the side and inside of his mouth but no mucous or bubbles. I did find him on the warm side this evening. The warm side is between 81-84 and the cool side is middle 70's. I don't know what color the inside of his mouth should be but it looked blue. Tomorrow night is his feed night. So is this an RI triggered by the change of temperature or is he in a shed, I don't know if I should call my reptile vet this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Twolunger
I don't personally know Don, but he has a stellar reputation. I would call him first and see what he thinks. I've had shipments delayed and received the corns alive, but very cold and none of them suffered any adverse reaction.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:15 AM   #3
SerpentLady4
I did and he told me that he doesn't ship snakes that are sick and that don't eat. He said he ships so many snakes that he doesn't know if my guy was in a shed mode or not. I don't know what to do should I feed him tomorrow night should I call my reptile vet I don't know what to do? Like I said clicking noises but no open mouth breathing no mucous or bubbles on the side his mouth and the rest of his mouth

Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
<Link Below> shows pictures inside of snake's mouths. There are various snake pictures, some of them however are corn snakes. You were worried about the coloration of your snake's mouth. See if any of these apply.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...'s+mouth&*

I am also enclosing a picture of my snake eating a mouse. His mouth looks a bit "Bluish" in this photo. I assure you, my snake is happy and healthy. I can not speak for your's. Perhaps you could post a picture of your snake's mouth and let some of us see it.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
Dragonling
He's probably in shed or something. I have had a few snakes now that arrived clicking or squeaking that had simply been bounced around and knocked a bit of skin loose in their nasal passage. I can understand your concern though. You seem to have an awful lot of problems with your snakes.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #6
daddio207
Blue is good ! The color of blood through the gums. White is bad. Low red blood cells.

Always wait 5-7 days to feed anyways. Let the snake adjust to it's new home.
Post a pic of your enclosure and snake.
Your high temp is inside the hide over the heat pad right?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
smale492
I would give your snake time to adjust like the person above me said ^ 5-7 days. You don't want to stress the little guy out more than need be. Just let him relax in his new enclosure.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #8
SerpentLady4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
Blue is good ! The color of blood through the gums. White is bad. Low red blood cells.

Always wait 5-7 days to feed anyways. Let the snake adjust to it's new home.
Post a pic of your enclosure and snake.
Your high temp is inside the hide over the heat pad right?

Yes inside the terrarium over the heat pad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google