• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona 2009

Oooh, that's so "snappy!" :laugh:

So Robs, are you still cookin' for us? I'll happily donate to the "pok flied lice" fund if you are.

Mmmm... flied lice and Margarita's!!! :D

Didn't you hear? He's cooking for the whole cornsnake dinner! ;)

Robbie maybe you should bunk over at the hotel with us and cook there! That way it's not your place that gets trashed. Blendersmender, we can go on the rocks can't we?

Katie are they going to try and put most of us on the same floor or will it be random?

Hmmmmmm... that idea isn't half bad!
Katie, you said the rooms have a kitchen, right? ;) I promise I won't make a mess!

Actually Lori, I think I would rather take a picture of you holding Petey for your wallet...

Now you're talking! Bring him on down...I'll give him back...Promise! ::runs away with Petey::

;)

Robbie...you're saying at the hotel, then? :dancer:

I'm in for door prizes as well.

I'm still on Kathy's side too with a presentation/talk/Q & A/ etc session.

Just a bump up for anyone who didn't see this the first time or who is still looking for info on Daytona.

We are still able to get rooms at the Homewood at our group rates.

Is there a thread started yet that shows names of those definitely going?

Vendors and spectators??:shrugs:

I'm in for door prizes as well.

I'm still on Kathy's side too with a presentation/talk/Q & A/ etc session.

It would be awesome to hear from you folks I'm for this even though I'll be the padawan not the Jedi.

On another note, what things are in cement for this now? The dinner a go? If so what's the cost going to be for sure? Do we need more door prizes? I might could donate some herp stuff etc.

If we plan on doing this annually we could just do up a site and stuff. Maybe too early for that to some...but never too early I think!

Good news!

I have been emailing back and forth with Don S. today, convincing him that this will be the best corn get together ever! He already has his hotel booked elsewhere, but I think he will at least come over on Sat. evening. Here is part of his email reply:

"You may say I'll be there. Even if an asteroid hits me, you can drag me in there so people can touch the first corn breeder to succumb to galactic forces. That could put corns on CNN for a change. Now, I hope I don't get hit by an asteroid, cuz people will say I staged it. Ya think? " (Don Soderberg)

I also asked about him giving a little talk, and what suggestions he might have. He suggested that maybe several people might want to just get up and let others ask questions. Here are some excerpts from some emails, after I asked him if that is what he meant, and to expound upon the idea:

"It sounds as though you are suggesting that the speakers will mainly just answer questions, instead of having some topic prepared" (Me - Kathy)

"Right. This way, if the speaker picks a boring subject, they don't have to hear folks snore." Don S.

"After responding to some of the questions, that speaker may want to look to the other breeders and pose "any of you know more about this?" Then, additional (or alternate) opinions from other breeders are offered. Of course, with so many issues about corns being related to other ones, each question will have collateral benefit, by answers to questions having partial application to other aspects of corn husbandry. I think such a forum would entice attendance (and participation). " Don S.

Just some ideas to throw out there. We could do a combination of both, too - somebody can talk about a favorite subject, and then take general questions. The main things are to make it easy on the speaker, interesting for the audience so we can all have fun, get to know each other better, and bring some cohesion to our group.

I think having Don there will be a great draw for others to participate. Now somebody has to convince Rich to drop in for a few minutes, along with Rob and Louise S., and any other well known names that will help draw more participation. I think I already mentioned that Chuck Pritzel and Connie Hurley have already booked a room there.

Just a bump up for anyone who didn't see this the first time or who is still looking for info on Daytona.

We are still able to get rooms at the Homewood at our group rates.

Is it possible to get a room for 1 night? And when is the money due?

I'm thinking if the dinner and talk is going to be Friday night, I may need somewhere to crash in the afternoon so my son will be well rested for the evening. :)

Back