CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

BUF gene

Old 02-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Ivanfromsicily
BUF gene

someone have information about this gene and pictures?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
Susan
Run a search for all threads started by slangenbroed. That should give you about all you can handle on buf.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Nanci
I hear you can read all about it in the new 2010 Cornsnake Morph Guide! I haven't got mine yet. I never could stick with the buf threads. Hopefully Chuck can present it in a more coherent manner.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Caramel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I hear you can read all about it in the new 2010 Cornsnake Morph Guide! I haven't got mine yet. I never could stick with the buf threads. Hopefully Chuck can present it in a more coherent manner.
i thought it was never been proven correctly that buf is new gene or somthing so i would wonder how that would fit in the new morph guide....

roman

Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
The_Saiyajin
Yeah Roman, thats what I also thought and I reread all the Buf discusions and they still did not had an end.
But maybe I oversaw some threats...
Would like to know, what is standing in the morph guide...
Greetings
Chris

Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
Teddy Roosevelt
What is BUF?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
What is BUF?
It's het Caramel...

Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
RavenSpirit360
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
It's het Caramel...
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
mvervest
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
It's het Caramel...
It a caramel look alike .
When you see the them with caramels or others together , they are different .

Old 02-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
ZoologyGirl
There is not much in the 2010 morph guide about it...but it is listed as a 'confirmed' morph, rather than a "coming attraction". One key note though is that it is listed as a dominant morph, rather than a recessive...'buf' is dominant to wildtype. (bb=wildtype normal, Bb=buf, BB=buf)

Quote:
"Buf
Buf is dominant to wildtype and modifies the color by removing the reds, leaving the saddles brown. It also turns the ground color to yellow. Overall it is similar to the effect of caramel, but it has not been as extreme as the caramel trait. It has been test bred with the caramel gene and does not act like an allele. [...]" CMG 2010, Charles Pritzel
It was discussed on "the other" forum, I guess that is where more of the info is. I don't know if I'm convinced, I guess someday, when I feel up to it, I will have to find the info again. By my biggest complaint though is the word "buf" in general. I don't know why, but I find it highly annoying. What is buf? The buffalo-niagara airport code. Why not buff, though even that is kind of annoying. Buf makes me think of the bufo genus of toads. Another big annoyance with the word "buf" is you can't even use the forum search function for it, because it is only 3 letters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
buf