CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

big DIY...

Old 09-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #11
xreinx
ok, question.. I have a water Manifold (found it.. AGAIN, here http://www.gemplers.com/product/1477...ld-Replacement Much lower price then I payed for it .. somewhere else)

Well It has 9 outlets, Ive only used 4, should I use rest of the outlets? and.. if I do.. where should I put the extra water?

more Pics!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
persese101
cant wait to see the finished result.hmm i would close ofg the other outlets in my opinion....i was planning on doing a diy mice racks cuz im getting overloaded but my fiance says now thats hes going to do it...he apparently dosent want me to either end up in the hospital or mess up anything.....i say not fair!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
persese101
that is gonna be one heavy mofo!@

Old 09-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
xreinx
Lol, messing up anything? you need to tell him, hay.. I can do this! (then drop something and say Oops) one of the things that drove my beau nuts was Id tell him to do it now.., or Id do it.. he hated that.. cause if he left it, Id end up doing it, and sometimes, Id just mess it up for him.

Its not that Heavy yet.. But...I still need to add Glass.. big glass.. and grout.. and I guess.. since theres nothing else I really need to do, Ill start grouting that .. tonight.. as soon as I get the hose fitting in for the pump, Thats going to be fun, ive got to figure out some way to lay it on its side now, without crushing anything on the back, and grout the entire thing.

Hmmm.. another question! what Color should the finish background be? white? red? black? what do you think? I was thinking maybe white.. but would that be too bright?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #15
xreinx
oh FYI on the Manifolds.. I found it by chance the first time I did a viv. its a Lifesaver, so if anyones thinking about starting a viv, either now or in the future... hurry and Get one of those for later, when I started this project, I didnt have one, it took just about a Year for me to find it again, and I just got it in the other day, (has two extra this time) it comes in Handy for Anything you might be doing, Plants outside, Plants inside, DIY projects anywhere. This VIV wouldent be half as nice without the Manifold that I have up top.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
persese101
Lol! As far as color I would def go with something dark.Would make everything else stand out imo.Black Dark blue Dark green ya get the idea lol

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
xreinx
Really? alright, but black is going to be hard to pull off.. ill have to find someplace that sells black acrylic paint or something. Ill order the glass for the fixed side tommorrow, (winces at the idea of price) I already have the one for the bottem side ready to put on. Thats going to be fun..

That base outside seam is going to get sealed, then a brace put in and Thats going to get grouted, there isnt going to be any room for it to shift and start leaking, Ive got hard wood floors in my house and I really dont want to take the chance of any leaks or spills.
can you tell Ive put a lot of thought into this?
I think its still going Bye bye after its done.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #18
persese101
Man if I could afford to do something like that I would in a heart beat !Why would it go bye bye ( I think if I mastered DIY project like that it would def stay with me lol!The black was just an idea You could go with a green -light green if you are going to have some foilage in there

Old 09-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #19
persese101
or or!!!greay for like a natural stone like look!!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #20
persese101
gray even for a more natural stone like look!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google