CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

unusual themes/ideas?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Hexadeci
unusual themes/ideas?

So it seems the main way people decorate their vivs is either naturalistic (plants, rock like hides, rock dishes, etc) or utility (whatever is lying around that works, toilet paper rolls, boxes, tupperwares, etc). At the moment, mine is about halfway between. I just changed the shredded paper to aspen, and added some silk plants, so we look more like A Bug's Life and slightly less like A Dorm Room. But I'm always looking for the unique and eccentric (and we are talking about pet snakes, so we already have at least some points to that). For example, I think I saw a while back on this thread a fantasy theme with the snake as the "dragon", which was pretty awesome.

Anyone have any themed/unusual/outlandish decorating schemes? Ideas? Things they would do if they had money/time/creativity?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
MotleyMedusa7
all of mine are naturalistic so far,but I think an outerspace theme would look pretty cool,with a space background & the viv decorations looking like the snake is on another planet

Old 11-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Forcedexile
I've seen a couple of people with skull hides..i always thought those looked pretty cool.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
TheNoddingGod
This is the background I am having put on my 55 gallon viv for my leucistic rat snake. That is the last thing I need before his home is complete and I will post pics.

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/392097/

Old 11-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #5
Hexadeci
Neat background! I am curious to see the finished viv. Are you using thematic hides?

Trying to be creative with the viv decoration always makes me wish we had a flash game, ala facebook aquarium games or Animal Crossing. Pick a background, pick a substrate, pick some hides, see how they look.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
CornCob
For my male classic its a "medieval" theme. I made him 2 castle hides that look like they are made out of mossy cobblestone, and I have a huge green plant int there. For my female snow its a flower/zebra/polkadot theme. It turned out rather cute! Here are some pics.

I am going to add more things to it. For example, dragons and kings/warriors.

I am getting more flowers and latters.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Khena
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornCob View Post
It turned out rather cute! Here are some pics.
Very Adorable! I love them both!

Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
CornCob
Quote:
Very Adorable! I love them both!
haha thanks!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
Ruth89
castle

I did post this a while ago. I am in the process of building a dragon's hoard for him. However I am still looking for clever ways to keep improving it. for example: I still cannot find a princess! I need one for the tower.

I am open to suggestions if someone has any!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth89 View Post
I did post this a while ago. I am in the process of building a dragon's hoard for him. However I am still looking for clever ways to keep improving it. for example: I still cannot find a princess! I need one for the tower.

I am open to suggestions if someone has any!
LEGO PRINCESS!! That is a really awesome set up! I like the idea of him being a dragon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google