CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

First Corn Snake - Peach

Old 07-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
Maevenish
First Corn Snake - Peach

This is my Peach. She was sold to me as a Ghost Anery. I'm curious if that is correct and what her pattern is called. She's rather defined on the top but the sides are messy (no pattern). She is very sweet and shy. I'm interested if they have a personality and will she learn to recognize me?

Glad I found this website.

Wendy

Old 07-27-2018, 01:02 AM   #2
Maevenish
Peach - Sides

I had trouble uploading the picture of her sides. Here it is.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Ghost is Anery + Hypo. Yours looks like there's diffused as well, which would make her a Ghost Bloodred.
She's very pretty!

Ians Vivarium is a resource you can learn different morphs, and see what they're supposed to look like.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
Maevenish
Thank you!

She's a sweetheart. Both my kids and their significant others love her. I've always wanted a snake and as soon as I saw her, I knew she was it.

Wendy

Old 07-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
blacktip
Corn snakes definitely have personalities. And as far as learning to recognize you, I would say yes she will. My corn is very friendly but whenever friends hold him he tries to come back to me. I don't know if he's just more comfortable with my scent or if it's because I'm more confident when holding him but it's funny to see.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
Corn snakes have tons of personality. It all depends on how you interact with them. A lot of people own corn snakes as a business, breeding and selling them and they may have dozens or even hundreds at any given moment. For the most part these snakes are just a commodity and the owners simply don't have the time to treat them as a pet. The Pet owner on the other hand may just have 1 snake, and may treat it as a member of the family, spending lots of time with it, and interacting with it just as they would a cat or dog.

It's no different than the "Dog Owner" that chains his dog up in the back yard, and the only time he sees the dog is in the morning feeding, versus the family dog that is played with and loved by the entire family all throughout the day.

My corn snake will actually crawl out of the cage into my hands when I open the doors. I took him with me to work this morning, and he spent the whole day at work. He got to meet a lot of new people, pose for pictures, got a lot of rubs on the head. He goes shopping with me, the people at the Wine Store down the street know him by name and they love him too.

So really it depends on how "You" treat him and how much time you spend with him.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
Maevenish
Awesome!

That's so good to hear! I play with her nearly every day for a least a few minutes. She is very chill and is getting more curious. My 17 YO daughter wants to start taking her with us everywhere. Peach really likes a hat I knit, so I'm thinking of making a knit string bag for her to feel safe in if we do take her grocery shopping or whatnot. I do have two cats that I love and enjoy very much, but Peach is very different and I'm enjoying her so much. She is a loved member of the family and I am sure her life will be very rich with us. I've caught her staying above on her substrate looking at me after feedings and I'm getting the feeling she's thankful for the mouse meal. 8-)

I am very excited about our future with her. And excited about the adventures I can take her on. Within reason of course!

Wendy

Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
Frank Pinello
Is she missing belly markings? If no belly pattern, then she is definitely a diffused anery possibly hypo too.
Congrats......nice one!

Old 08-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Maevenish
Peach belly

So I took a really good look at her belly and she doesn't have any markings at all on her belly. She just did her second shed and it's nearly perfect. just a small piece under her chin didn't come off in the single shed skin. Going to frame that with her baby picture.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Wendy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google