CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Measuring your snake?

Old 03-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
DrPopkorne
Measuring your snake?

Hi guys, I had a little search on the forum and couldn't see it asked... what's the most efficient way to measure a snake?

I have a feeling I'll be due to upgrade the size of Otto's vivarium around the time I move out of my current apartment and I want to make sure I get the right new viv for his requirements.

We currently have a medium squarish Exo-Terra glass terrarium with a heat mat and have previously been recommended a wooden viv when it's time to upgrade. I haven't much looked into them before. Would a heat mat still suffice?

Old 03-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
serpwidgets for measuring.

And if you have an Exo Terra cage you may be ok. What size is it? There are several of us using them right now. I have the 30 gallon model (it's actually closer to 28 gallons) measuring about 24 x 16 x 16 with front opening doors, and I'll probably stick with it, at least for now. My snake is just under 4 feet long currently.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Dragonling
http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google