• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad egg

Stormy

Keeper of scaley things.
So out of 10 eggs my pair laid we could tell right away one was not going to be a good one. And two weeks later this is proving to be the case as now the egg is even more discolored.

My question is, do I leave this egg attached to the others?

If you can't easily detach it, it's better to let it be. You can however put a bit of anti-fungus powder, like for your feet, on the bad egg to prevent fungus from growing and spreading. An egg with a weaker spot that might survive to hatch could otherwise be infected with the fungus and perish. Prevent the powder from falling on the bedding or other eggs, just dip a cotton tip in a bit of powder and touch the surface of the bad egg with it carefully. Maybe cream can be used for it too, never tried but why not.

Wow. I never thought of the powder idea. I was worried about it spreading to other eggs. So basically gold bond foot powder?

Dunno your brands in the usa but just regular anit-fungus foot powder. Cream would even give less change to spread. Good eggs are also protected from stuff intruding them by the shell, but any egg could have a weaker spot so I never protect good eggs with it, just try to prevent spreading of the fungus at the source.

Ok. I can grab some cream tomorrow. Lucky for us it is one of the ones on the outside and not in the middle of the bunch.

Back