CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rerouted to AFF...

Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #121
Guruofchem
Yep - got me again on the iPad, though not AFF this time. Thanks for your diligence on this, Rich - I know enough Web to know what a pain in the butt this script is...

Old 10-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #122
Rich Z
Expect some downtime here in the very near future. I'm either going to have the current server completely wiped or else just get another server and move the sites to it. In either event, obviously everything will be shut down. I will give as much warning as I can about when this takes place.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #123
Sindrik8x
Thanks Rich. We appreciate all the hard work you do for us here. Maybe we all need to purchase a snake from you to pay you back. Haha.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #124
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrik8x View Post
Thanks Rich. We appreciate all the hard work you do for us here. Maybe we all need to purchase a snake from you to pay you back. Haha.
We could do that if he hasn't sold off all his snakes years ago now Although I am sure encouraging those to become contributing members is appreciated. However I agree. Thank you Rich! I have only been coming to here on my phone since my desktop is in the middle of the house. Last thing I need is for my girls to see me looking at naked girls.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #125
Nanci
Finally, a cool ad!!

Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #126
Rich Z
Well, I hired a third party security outfit to take a look at things, as a sort of second opinion thing, but they are proving to be a disappointment. It appears they are only push button script initiators. Both my programmer and myself telling them that this is a SERVER level problem and not a domain level didn't make the path from their eyes to their brain. So what did they do? They ONLY checked the domain FaunaClassifieds.com. And my programmer contacting them hours ago pointing out their error has not been responded to.

Sheesh....

Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #127
Rich Z
Sigh....

Not going to be any easy way out of this one. The new server security guy says my OS is basically toast. It's surprising the sites are still running at all.

So, I'm going to be getting a new server, since the hardware is certainly outdated by now on this one. Things are going to get ugly around here pretty soon, so expect some random outages. I'll let the half dozen or so members who check in to this forum what I can when I can.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #128
Nanci
Thank you for all you do to keep the BEST site on the Internet operational.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #129
insomniac101
Yes Rich, thank you so much for your time and efforts! Of the few snake sites that I'm a member of, this is, by far, my favorite!

Kathy

Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #130
Sindrik8x
Now I kind of feel bad about pointing this out. Though I guess someone else would have been two seconds behind me.

I'll be here when things get going again. Definitely will be checking in. Sorry for all the crud you're having to put up Rich, but thanks so much for keeping this site the best around. Hopefully the headaches are less than you imagine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google