CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 AM   #1
AlexLou
??

I'm in (not desperate, but some) need of help. We adopted a 2 y/o (36") corn snake (on 6/3/18, and all of his "stuff") from a family who felt they were "neglecting" it. He'd been great until Saturday (6/9/18). That evening -- it was a Saturday, and we were to feed him on Sunday (the next day), and he bit my son. We had been handing Steve-the-snake, and he seemed to be fine. (His previous owners said their main problem was that they fed him in his tank and that was the only time he "saw" them. He had gotten "bitey" whenever they put their hands in his tank.) That first day (S, 6/3) that we got him, we left him alone for just over 24 hours. The next few days we handled him and he seemed to love it. He was all over us; cuddling, slithering, etc. This past Thursday (6/7/18) he rattled his tail a bit, so we left him alone. Saturday (6/9/18) he was out of his hide, looking at the screen at the top of his tank, so I opened the top. He seemed interested so I used a hook to pick him up. He did his usual happy slithering, and then left my arm for my son's. In just a moment, he "clamped onto" my son's forearm. It startled my son more than anything -- we're on our 2nd cat (in 22 years) and her teeth as a kitten, hurt more than Steve's. Here's the biggest issue: yesterday morning I saw fang marks on the top/edge of Steve's hide. It looks like he gnawed at/bit into it a couple of times. We really like this new guy, and we want him to like us too. I've shared/posted/etc. the above info and haven't gotten any tips/thoughts back. Any ideas? Thank you for reading... AlexLou