• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wouldn't it be amazing

bmm

If someone could make a film much like other wildlife films where they follow a group of wild caught corns for a season. Alhtough I don't know how this could be accomplished other than tagging them in some way, it would surely be amazing to watch and see the wild behaviours vs. captive.

Although maybe this already exsists? Or maybe its a stupid idea.

I am really interested in the wild snakes myself and glad this area is here. I wish I didn't live in Canada or else I'd be out right now working on my corn movie. *LOL*

bmm

Indeed that would be quite a show. I never thought of filming anything with wilds (then again i don't really do much filming of anything) but def a swell idea. I'm taking a trip to their home this spring (close to salisbury nc) perhaps i'll bring a camera and take some extra notes and such. If we could get some of those kindly southerners to do a better study that'd be ever more swell. For my truck to get there and back again cost $112 of gas, and thats not so hot for the planet to be doing often (and i can't afford it). There is clearly alot of research done on these critters, but i know as a group (the people who read this and have a passion for this breed of snake) we could discover much, and help preserve them and understand them. I'll stop now.

That is a GREAT idea!! I have often wondered if there was a video out about corns.
I would buy it!!
Jimmy C.

I'll have to add that to my list for when I start producing my own videos. Any other ideas and suggestions?

well

If you are doing reptile stuff....a full documentary or wild life film on Green Iguanas in the wild, their behaviours, eating habits, the way they may or may not act with local humans, breeding behaviour, social, everything.

I haven't seen one good film on wild green iguanas which is a pity since they are so exploited in the pet industry the least someone could do is try and educate us about their wild habits so we can take better care of our rescues!!!! :)

bmm

I'm surprised there isn't a documentery on elaphe g. g. considering their arguably the most popular snake in the world! :D

Looking for corns...finding indigos??

I thought I read somewhere that someone tried tagging eastern indigos to find out where they go to lay eggs or breed, since very little is known about them...In fact I remember reading something that says no one has ever found an Indigo nest/eggs in the wild yet (i could be wrong though). Anyway, it would be cool to see where some of the rare and elusive snake species disappear to in the cooler months. Especially corn snakes in NJ! Anyone ever find indigos in Florida while looking for corns???

"If someone could make a film much like other wildlife films where they follow a group of wild caught corns for a season. Alhtough I don't know how this could be accomplished other than tagging them in some way, it would surely be amazing to watch and see the wild behaviours vs. captive.
Although maybe this already exsists? Or maybe its a stupid idea.
I am really interested in the wild snakes myself and glad this area is here. I wish I didn't live in Canada or else I'd be out right now working on my corn movie. *LOL*
bmm"

Back