CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

really reaaly bad shed pls help

Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
raven21ca
Unhappy really reaaly bad shed pls help

I have had my corn snake for 3 years now and she has never had a problem shedding.

About 4 weeks ago she went through the motions of starting a shed. She shed her whole body but her head and tail 3 weeks ago.

I have made sure her temperatures are ok and I am missing her cage like crazy. I have bought a shed aid and used up the whole thing, she even let me message it on her head and she doesn't like her head being touched at all. I have tried using paper towels or towels soaked in warm water to help aid her. I tried soaking her in warm water for 2 1/2 hours.

It is not working Her tail has been really hard for a week and last 2 days her skin on her head is hardening up a bit.

I cannot take her to the vet and only other option I have read is soaking her over night (2 1/2 hours got her really cold, scared to do that) and buying a mist machine (cannot afford that or vet atm)

Please, please help I cannot think of any thing else.

Thank you

Old 06-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
CornSnameGal
Your doing fine just soak her in warm water every day and use tweezers or your fingers to pry at the shedding on the tail if not she could be stressed

Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
raven21ca
Thank you for getting back to me! I never thought to try tweezers but I did use my fingers today, I ended up putting her back after the soaking, she hissed at me twice (not enjoying the week long daily soakings). I didn't want to stress her out anymore

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem