CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Rack System Qs and Housing...

Old 08-20-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
MorphCorns
Question Rack System Qs and Housing...

Hello,

I have a few questions for the Advanced keeper. I am getting into corn snakes soon but I am not knew to snakes. I have kept and bred, Bloods, Boas, and Garter Snakes. I want to get a few breeder corns and I am looking to get some info on Rack Systems and housing the snakes.

Can they be housed together in a large rack? Males with Males, Females with Females, say 2 per bin?

What size bins do you reccomend for adult corn snakes? If the above option cannot be done (housing together) I will get started right away on a new rack system of appropriate size.

If anyone have hatchling rack system plans please let me know.

Thanks in Advance everyone,

Lu

Old 08-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
CAV
Take a look at this thread. I tried to include "all things rack related".

Rack system posts

Quote:
Can they be housed together in a large rack?
I have adults, hatchling, Corns, Kings and BRBs all in the same rack. As far as Male/male, not a good idea IMO, especially during breeding season. Can you safely house multiple snakes in one tub? Yes. Are there risks involved? YES.

Quote:
What size bins do you recommend for adult corn snakes?
This was covered in depth in the thread I recommended.

Old 08-20-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
Khaman
Unhappy Reasons not to house them together.

This was what when I found when I started looking through what I got at Daytona. They WERE het blood.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
babbaloo99
Wow Khaman, that's an incredible photo. I hope more folks can now see how much of a reality cannibalism is even in hatchlings. Did the "eater" survive the meal?

Old 08-20-2004, 07:13 PM   #5
Khaman
Nope, I left for work today and when I got home she was belly up.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
CAV
Hate to see it Khaman

There have been 5 or 6 threads this past week that need to a link to that photo.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
Khaman
The bad thing is I never thought about it. The vendor put them in there and I just accepted it. It never crossed my mind.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:21 AM   #8
MegF.
What a shame! Nice looking hatchling......even with all the lumps. I think Rich has posted a similar picture except his hatchling survived.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #9
babbaloo99
Sorry you lost both the snakes Khaman. I really think you should post it in the pics forum so more folks can see what happens.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #10
Milleniumtat2
Im sorry about your loss, especially since you lost them both. Im pretty sure thats what happened to my snows, but since I didnt catch my male in the act, I assumed maybe my female would turn up. But 4 months later, no sight of her. My male survived it (if it really did happen, I assume so b/c he sure looked alot bigger when I realized she was gone.)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google