CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature area use - specifically, dragon images

Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #131
danielle
and maybe this thread is slowing the site down too, lol

Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #132
Nanci
Good . (To Wade, not to Danielle!)

Old 03-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #133
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
and maybe this thread is slowing the site down too, lol
No!!!!!!!! Don't make me have to drag out my expert witness Dale AGAIN!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #134
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
, there's a big difference between not available and can't/don't choose to afford.
I'm sorry but how do you CHOOSE not to afford something? To me, either you have the money to afford it or you don't. If it's a choice between do I get faster internet service or heat my house and buy groceries so I am warm enough and can eat this week, that is pretty different choice to have to make than do I get DSL or go buy stuff for my dog, With the rate of unemployment and in this economy I think we are going to see more people cutting their costs any way they can maybe even including choosing dial up over high speed.
I do now finally have cable service and it is great to have, but I used to have the dial up for a LONG time, I remember hating the attitude "high speed" users had towards us "outdated dial up users" and it kind of really sucked to feel like that. Also I have not-so-fond memories of the dial up days, when I would actually skip threads with a lot of replies and photos because I knew how slow they would be to load
It's no secret I don't much care for DYK but I don't care if other people like or use it. But in the case of the dragons if it is making the forum run slow for people I don't think it's asking too much.
I have an image in my signature that links to my freewebs site but if Rich asks me to get rid of it will have no problem with it.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #135
danielle
As far a circles fellows they are probably the most important fundamental mathematical element used in physics, engineering, and science as a whole teaching us about our physical universe. I know technically there is no such thing as a true circle hence pi, but historically the circle and its studies have helped prove and disprove theories such as our earths rotation, ancient architecture practices, physical laws, and many many others though I won't let you know just how much of a geek I am, lol circles rule!!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #136
danielle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
No!!!!!!!! Don't make me have to drag out my expert witness Dale AGAIN!
It was sarcasm Nanci I am in 100% agreeance with you.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #137
Em Wright
I think what Nanci meant by chosing to afford is that people chose how they spend their funds... Example:

You pay for the cheapest interent available (even though you hate that it is slow and sometimes does not always work) so that you can have a girl's night out once a month, or get new shoes, etc. When if you'd take that money and put it toward your internet bill you could get better service.

Or at least that's how I understood it. I could be mistaken. And of course that doesn't apply to everyone...

I know in my home having internet is pretty important and even though there were months previously where logically we should have turned it off (so that $35 could go toward groceries instead) we left it on anyway.

And I've experienced dial-up, too... I also tease a friend of mine who still has it. Granted, he gets the service free. So who's to complain?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #138
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
I
I have an image in my signature that links to my freewebs site but if Rich asks me to get rid of it will have no problem with it.
Mine doesn't link up anywhere. So I'll fall on my sword and delete mine for you if necessary....
That was figuratively speaking.... So to speak...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #139
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
However, that is just a perception of it being only two points - an INCORRECT perception at that - because you are looking at it from an inappropriate and limited viewpoint. Wouldn't that make one infinitely wrong? LOL. Ahhh, this is almost as much fun as arguing how many lines can be drawn through a point outside of a line that is parallel to the first line. Now THAT is something fun to discuss, eh?

(BTW, GOOD come back! Awesome, bud!)
But no, thank you KJUN. By a circuitous route (pardon the pun on circles) you have restated (regarding DYK, or any other subjective issue for that matter) the issue for us: Inappropriate and limited viewpoints. I could not possibly have summed it up in fewer words than those four.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #140
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
I'm sorry but how do you CHOOSE not to afford something? To me, either you have the money to afford it or you don't. If it's a choice between do I get faster internet service or heat my house and buy groceries so I am warm enough and can eat this week, that is pretty different choice to have to make than do I get DSL or go buy stuff for my dog,
Obviously, Internet is a luxury, not a basic need. But don't think I run my AC and furnace at the temps I'd _like_ to live in. And I'm eating buy one get one free dinners, depending on which is on sale this week, which means my dinner costs $7 for four meals. I'd rather be going out or grilling steaks every night, but I choose to scrimp on food and spend on my pets. Same reason I ride my bike halfway to work. Yeah it's good for me, but cutting gas costs in half is more important. The last time I bought clothes (except for the snake shirt on WOOT) was last August.

Believe me, I am thankful every day that I have a recession-proof job. But I had to quit a fun career and go back to college for something I had _no_ interest in to achieve that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google