• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Am I the only one who looks at these corns and thinks of these corns?
WholeBabyCorn.jpg

Baby corns :) Or, what I call Stir-Fry corn.

UPDATE on the not tiny scaled sister

She looks like this now (and is named Mila):

mila_11-06-11.jpg

Her mother (Kaylinn) looks like this (a year ago, but did not change);

kaylinn_21-07-10_cs.jpg

So, Mila seems to get the looks of her mom quite closely, only mom was never as dark as Mila. Weird...

This weekend most of the baby's of Kaylinn's sister, bred to the her father, the father of the tiny scaled ones, shed, the normals all look like this:

jummy_baby.jpg

And they have the large head Mila has. So I think they will change their colors like Mila does, at the other hand, Why was born with these colors to... so weird. But... no tiny scaled ones from this pairing, though 9 baby's are not overwhelming evidence Kaylinn's sister does not carry the 'tiny scale gene'. I'll make a visualisation of the lineage and breedings.

Wow they look amazing.... I vote for Red Velvet corns lol.. ;) Just cause I love red velvet cake... Even their patterning is off.. They are so cool... I want some.. I hope you get more of them..

@cmalchow; the figure ain't clear to you? It's years from top to bottom, the blocks with names with x between it are the breedings and the black lines are supposed to show lineage. Yes, we are awaiting the clutch of Kaylinn still, it's on day 56 in two days :)

Well Raven, I like the state of Nevada so who knows what we can work out, hehe :p

Huh maybe I am. This is what I was thinking.

If Perseus and Kahlan were het tiny scale then the normal babies would have a 66% chance of being tiny scale. So then Miss Jummy would have a 33% chance of not having the het. Then if it does prove genetic then Kaylinn is one of the 66% that got the het. Am I correct?

Huh maybe I am. This is what I was thinking.

If Perseus and Kahlan were het tiny scale then the normal babies would have a 66% chance of being tiny scale. So then Miss Jummy would have a 33% chance of not having the het. Then if it does prove genetic then Kaylinn is one of the 66% that got the het. Am I correct?

No, Kahlan was not het for tiny scale, Perseus and Kaylinn are. Kaylinn got the gene from her father, Perseus and was bred to him. Then the tiny scaled genes matched up to make tiny scaled baby's.

Ok lol I really may not be understanding. You have proven that Kaylinn is het tiny scale and obviously Perseus. But with the pairing of Persues and Kahlan those babies would only have a 50% chance of having the het tiny scale since Dad is not a tiny scale and if mom wasn't carrying the gene at all. So there for Miss Jummy only has a 50% chance of carrying that het. So thats why I said maybe she didn't get the het.

You are right about that, I kenw Miss Jummy only had 50% chance to have inherited the gene. LOL, Babylonien mix up :p

Ok good I was afraid I was loosing all my knowledge of genetics. lol So now you just need those other babies to pip. I am not sure I would be able to leave those eggs once they start pipping.

LOL indeed :licklips::licklips::licklips:

Dunno what to do if no tiny scaled corns come out of the 13 eggs that are still looking good... or if only a few tiny scaled corns hatch and the other ones die after pipping, like most siblings of the first clutch. I feel like it can't be a random mutation that won't occur again since they occured in two snakes already... but what if most of the normal siblings die in the egg? Won't be very attractive to work with... though it would be great for the bad market and to keep the morph for myself without having to care for whole clutches :duck:

I had hoped for amel tiny scaled baby's with Miss Jummy :nope: But I'd be happy as a rooster too if Kaylinn's 2nd clutch throws me at least one tiny scaled critter to prove it is genetic :bird:

No you are right it won't be pretty if the same thing happens this year but I do hope that it does prove genetic for you. And I was think the same thing. Amel, aneries ohh Tessera's. It would be a fun project

The 2011 clutch of the parents to the tiny scaled ones is pipping and I think I see a tiny scaled one!!!! Yesterday evening I saw one pippy showing the brownish nose 'Why' has, but not more of the head. This morning the baby had decided to get back in, so I cut the hole bigger to be sure it would be able to get out again, then I saw a bit of its body; almost white background with dark chocolate saddles :) Then I had to go somewhere for a couple of hours. When I came home, another baby had thrown some vermiculite over the hole in the egg the 'suspect' is in, so I removed that and cut the hole a bit bigger even. I'm pretty sure (90%) it is a tiny scaled baby, with Why's colors!! :) :) :)

And, by the way, Kaylin proved to be het amel after all, (last year 5 normal baby's onaly) so there actually is a chance for an amel tiny scaled!!!! That would really make my year :)

Back