CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Lyion
stupid breeder? -.- You really are asking for it.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
asnakecalled?
ok i shouldn't of called people stupid i'm very sorry that was out of order.
i'm just trying to get my head around the ultra thing maybe i'm the stupid one.

can a Moderator please lock my thread thank you

Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #23
Lyion
Heheh, no problem . Friends?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #24
Nanci
We don't lock threads here. This isn't a censored forum.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #25
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnakecalled? View Post
i've just been reading how ultra is not corn snake its gray rat so my question to you all is why breed something to a corn and pass it off as a pure corn, why not just tell the truth and tell people they are hybrids. and what else in the corn snake morphs are hybrids with other snake species (i'm not on about the stuff we already know about i mean the other morphs i mean for all we know a Palmetto might be part king snake)

now i'm going to sell all my corns if that what they are, i think ill start a collection of old world rat snakes at least i will know they are pure and not crossed with any thing you want,
i think the american government are right they should make all reptile owners register there animals so we now who's breeding what.
I'm sorry, but I must have missed it, but when was that actually PROVEN?

Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #26
schnebbles
just my humble opinion, I can see breeders not liking being called stupid, but I really don't think the OP meant it quite like it reads. More of a that's so stupid idea, just like people say all of the time. I really don't think he intended to hurt your feelings. That's from a corn lover who doesn't breed! And just picked up an ultramel. I love them, pure corn or mixed corn. I'm fairly new and it took me quite a while to know that several morphs are mixed. Actually, I didn't know about golddust. Probably others I'm not aware of too.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #27
Susan
I do apologize as I was a bit harsh yesterday. It was NOT a good day and my irritation from a situation at work spilled over onto the forum. However, IMO, if someone is that concerned about their snakes being pure, then they need to not only do their homework, but ask as many questions as possible before buying. I do not hide information. My breeding records are available to all in my personal forum, every snake I sell comes with complete ACR information for registration, and if you ask me, I will provide anyone with as much information about anything related to my snakes as I have. I will NOT, however, spoon-feed people. If you don't know the genetics of a golddust, then you really don't care about the hybrid theory surrounding it when you buy it. When I list a clutch of hatchlings as available for sale that are numbered sequentially and they go in this order: ...#24 ultramel motley het stripe, #25 ultramel anery stripe, #26 amel stripe, #27 ultramel motley het stripe, #28 amel motley het stripe, #29 ultramel stripe... you can pretty much guarantee that the amel stripe and amel motley are from a pairing with ultra in it. And as I said before, when in doubt ASK.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #28
bitsy
Quote:
I think the comment arises from this recent discussion:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120776

It was pointed out that Don S is stating absolutely on his website, that the originator of Ultras has confirmed that they were derived from non-Corns and are definitely hybrids.

As I said in that thread, I'm not aware that the originator of Ultra has ever made such a statement in public. Doesn't mean there's not been some behind-the-scenes discussion though.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #29
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I do apologize as I was a bit harsh yesterday. It was NOT a good day and my irritation from a situation at work spilled over onto the forum. However, IMO, if someone is that concerned about their snakes being pure, then they need to not only do their homework, but ask as many questions as possible before buying. I do not hide information. My breeding records are available to all in my personal forum, every snake I sell comes with complete ACR information for registration, and if you ask me, I will provide anyone with as much information about anything related to my snakes as I have. I will NOT, however, spoon-feed people. If you don't know the genetics of a golddust, then you really don't care about the hybrid theory surrounding it when you buy it. When I list a clutch of hatchlings as available for sale that are numbered sequentially and they go in this order: ...#24 ultramel motley het stripe, #25 ultramel anery stripe, #26 amel stripe, #27 ultramel motley het stripe, #28 amel motley het stripe, #29 ultramel stripe... you can pretty much guarantee that the amel stripe and amel motley are from a pairing with ultra in it. And as I said before, when in doubt ASK.
^^^ This is true, she really does do that!!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
asnakecalled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

i don't think it has yet but how would we know some people are saying there pure and others have labeled them as gray rat crosses so my question is, i've just bread my pair of golddusts motley het anery the babys will be Gold Dust Motley, Ultra Caramel Motley, Butter Motley, Xanthic Snow Motley, Ultramel Anery Caramel Motley and Ultra Caramel Anery Motley.
so what do i sell the babys as are they corns or are they hybrids or are they possible hybrids. and if they are hybrids 2 of them dont carry the ultra gene so are they hybrids ?
someone please help because i'm at a loss and i'm kind of new to breeding this has confused me and i don't want it to confuse other new breeders

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google