CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

New Camera: Test Shots

Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Nanci
New Camera: Test Shots

There is going to be a steep learning curve here!

First of all, I don't have any control over the flash. I wanted a stable snake, so I'm stuck inside. The flash is WAY too bright...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Nanci
Okay, where's my other pic???

Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Nanci
Okay, so that demonstrates how out of focus pic number one is! I have not mastered the auto focus, and I _can_ fine-tune it manually, except I can't see clearly.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Nanci
A flower- no flash.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Nanci
Wish I could afford the $250 macro lens.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Brionuhh
If you are worried about using the flash, you could always grab a tripod and use a low shutter speed. What camera did you get?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Nanci
NEX-F3. I got the "lesser" model because I wanted a pop-up flash, not a hot shoe- no way would I EVER carry that around, and I wanted to be able to charge the battery IN the camera. Otherwise, I might have liked the 5 or 7 better.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Nanci
This is the full-blast flash with no editing. I pretty much prefer no flash, except when I'm stuck inside. I wonder if I could diffuse it somehow...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Brionuhh
For a diffusion, maybe try making a cone around the flash with foam and aluminum foil.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Nanci
On the bright side, the card slot on my Macbook works easily! I'm spoiled by Exilims that just sit in a cradle to charge and transfer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google